Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no water supply

Options
  • 12-01-2009 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

no water supply :mad:

no water on Saturday, Sunday or Monday, 3 whole days with not a drop of water, nothing... I phone the council, they tell me that it's the group water scheme problem, I phone the group water scheme, they tell me the council shut the supply off to the reservoir because the group water scheme had used an excessive amount of water over a short period of time.... I don't give a f**k who the blame is with, it is disgusting in this day and age to be without water for 3 days... I was told to go out and buy bottled water if I needed water... and have you seen the price of bottled water... how the f**k are old people, children etc supposed to manage without water???

disgusting service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not a nice situation to be in. If its a group water scheme then id imagine you are not the only one without water so you need to get together as a group and organise a meeting with your local councilors (elections will be held later this year remember) and get them to pull their fingers out and get the service that you have paid for reinstated again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

muffler wrote: »
    Not a nice situation to be in. If its a group water scheme then id imagine you are not the only one without water so you need to get together as a group and organise a meeting with your local councilors (elections will be held later this year remember) and get them to pull their fingers out and get the service that you have paid for reinstated again.

Thanks muffler, I went to some of the neighbours that are also without water and to my amazement, not one of them seemed bothered by the situation, there attitude was "oh well, it happens all the time, last year we were without water for a full week" , also, when I phoned the council up, they told me nobody else had phoned them about the problem :confused:

Simon

The pen is mightier than the sword phone ;)

Just a tip or two from someone who once worked for a local authority. Get the name of the person you are talking to on the phone and follow that call up with a letter quoting the name of the person who took your call. Put all reports/complaints/notifications in writing and request an acknowledgment.

State on the bottom of the letter - cc Cllr xxxx, Cllr yyyy, Cllr zzzz. Send those Cllrs the copies of that letter together with a covering letter from yourself asking them to assist you with your efforts. if possible get a couple of the neighbours to sign it. If you dont receive a positive response within 10 working days then follow it up with another letter requesting an explanation and a resolution of the problem

It may be too late for the present problem but it will help with any future problems.

I don't want to annoy the local council just yet... I do have a planning application in with them at the moment and I want it to pass....

Oh you wouldnt be annoying them at all. All you'd be doing is bringing a problem to their attention and looking for a response and/or solution.

In any event the planning and water departments are completely independent of each other and the staff of one dept. wouldnt be aware of what is being dealt with by another dept.

• Advertisement

22:25pm Tuesday and we now have water, it's amazing how you take it for granted

since my original post, we have had the water off on 2 separate occasions, it's off again today, in total this year, we have been without water for about 7 days.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Robin119

I pretty for the time you didn't get water...But I have got a suggestion for you guys...Why shouldn't look for all new home water appliance...It creates pure drinking water using air around us...It helps you to save lot of money to be spent on bottled water...:)

Advertisement