Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink driving 3 year ban UK license

Options
  • 12-01-2009 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi all -

Im ashamed to say that i was caught over the limit a couple of years back. I pleaded guilty and took a 3 year ban (lesson learned). Im now approaching the end of my second year off the road. I am driving on a UK license and was wondering what are my options. I heard I could appeal it when two thirds of the sentence is complete - but fear this may be a costly process? Also - what would happen if I was caught driving on the UK license before the 3 year term completed? (not contemplating this - just curious as to what enforcement the Gardai have in place when it comes to non Irish licenses, they confiscated my Uk license but I called the DVLA in the Uk and told them my license was lost - so they sent out a replacement)

On a side note: I needed a Garda certificate for Visa purposes, I found it strange that a DUI conviction would not show on this - as I got a clean bill of health from the gardai - after my conviction had occured (6 months after)

Any thoughts

Cheers AA

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You should contact a solicitor in relation to this query. This forum is not for legal advice. Please read the forum charter and stickies.

Thanks,
    hullaballoo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement