Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Story Writing Contest With a $1000 Prize

Options
  • 12-01-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,
    I am new to the board and while I don't know if I qualify as "media", I do have a web magazine Walkabout Jones. I could not seem to find the media section to make this announcement, so here goes and I hope someone will direct me to the appropriate board. I am trying to build a different kind of website with great writing, photography, political pieces, creative writing etc. and I am looking for talented people. I also run a non profit called Artists Collective which is a medical marijuana delivery service in Hollywood where much of the profits will be designated to go to opportunity grants for artists, writers, performers, musicians etc. In order to promote Artists Collective especially, Walkabout Jones and Artists Collective are holding a short story contest with a $1,000 prize. It's the internet, so it's open to the world as far as contributions. For details, go to the website Walkabout Jones. Any questions or comments can be directed to walkaboutjones@gmail.com. I hope to see some of your contributions coming in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Okay when I read this I thought it was a scam but your site looks legit. Mind if ask why you're posting on an Irish forum to advertise a competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 walkaboutjones

If you check the rules, the competition is open to anybody - international entries welcomed. What Walkabout Jones is looking for is the best story whether it comes from an American writer or otherwise. That's why it's posted on your site, because we were looking in a variety of places for people who had both a talent and an interest in writing. People from more than 90 countries have visited Walkabout Jones, so we thought it fair to open the contest to everyone. Should make for some interesting stories. If you're interested, feel free to submit or if you know of a talented short story writer who has a story to tell, please pass it on. Thanks.
    silvine wrote: »
    Okay when I read this I thought it was a scam but your site looks legit. Mind if ask why you're posting on an Irish forum to advertise a competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Thanks for that!

Advertisement