Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing an exam

Options
  • 12-01-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭

Just saw the exam dates and realised my son will miss an exam, just wondered if he could sit it the next day.
    He has special needs btw so will have his own exam centre (not sure if that makes a difference).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

magnumlady wrote: »
    Just saw the exam dates and realised my son will miss an exam, just wondered if he could sit it the next day.
    He has special needs btw so will have his own exam centre (not sure if that makes a difference).

I dont think so, because the paper would technically be available.

Enquire with the school to be sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thats what I thought, thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Unless it's an emergency, such as a death in the family, or sudden illness of the candidate, or a clash of subjects as occurs occasionally with the 'new' LC timetable, he's unlikely to be allowed Reasonable Accommodation. You could try, but if you already know there is going to be a problem, I doubt they'll allow it through as an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks Spurious, its the second part of an exam he is missing.....would he still get a grade if it sat the first part?
    Or would he be better sitting a different exam (we are cutting back on subjects again....so it might be better for him to choose a subject that he can sit the exam in?).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, he'd get a grade, but the highest it could possibly be would depend on what portion of the marks was for the second paper. His grade would also be listed with a * beside it, indicating a supplemental report exists.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement