Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper Trade In

Options
  • 12-01-2009 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

A question for you all...

I bought a 2007 Hymer camper here in Ireland that was imported last year(VRT'd, taxed etc).

My question is, if i wanted to upgrade it in a year or two would a german dealer accept it as a trade in??

Is it just a case of them re-registering it on German plates??

Thanks.
    FG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Theoretically I would see no reason why not.

In practice, Germany has a recession as well and camper sales are in decline there too ...depending on the dealer, they may shy away from the (unfamiliar) Irish paperwork and any possible warranty issues (like did you get your vehicle serviced and and leak checked according to schedule at an appointed Hymer dealer, etc)

It would really depend on the dealer and what you are buying from them.

Worth a try, anyway (unless you paid the high VRT rate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfamilyguy

Thanks Peasant.

Well the person i bought it off paid the VRT.

Its just something that popped into my head, not a huge fan of selling things on carzone,adverts.ie etc so this looked like an easy way out.

No real plans to change anyways, just wanted to know my options.

Is there a Hymer dealer in the Republic out of interest??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfamilyguy

also, do Germans pay a VRT like tax on imports??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nope, no VRT in Germany.

So if you're particular vehicle was saddled with a high VRT rate (not the 50 euro) you're bound to loose a lot of money.

Donaghey in Letterkenny are Hymer dealers ...there may be more

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

head north young man!!

goods deals in sterling:D... euro trade-in will kill you though...:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement