Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare payments

Options
  • 12-01-2009 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Can anyone fill me in on how much you get paid from social welfare if i have been out of work sick (certified) for two weeks?am in fulltime employment for the past 18 months. Thanks !!:o:confused:

wasnt sure what forum to put this in!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

€204.30 but you need to have made at least 104 weeks prsi and 39 int the last tax year to qualify .
    Here a link giving you all the details
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/IllnessDisabilityAndCaring/Illness/IllnessBenefit/Pages/ib.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭farreller24

But i haven't been working long enough to pay 104 contributions because i was in full time education before that. So.....what...am i not entitled to anything ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

This is what the welfare advise
    If you are not entitled to pay for sick leave

If you are not entitled to sick pay from work you may get Illness Benefit if you have enough (PRSI) social insurance contributions (see 'Rules' below). If you do not have enough social insurance contributions, you should contact the Community Welfare Officer at your Local Health Office. The Community Welfare Officer will assess your situation and may give you a Supplementary Welfare Allowance.
    Your employer can decide their own policy on sick pay and sick leave. More information is available in our document about sick leave and employment.

Advertisement