Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Olympics Needs You.

Options
  • 12-01-2009 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

if are looking to do some good, but cant commit to regular hours and times then this the place. you are not asked to sign up for anything. you simply register and then if there is an opportunity which they feel you might be interested in they contact you and you can accept or decline. it can be simple things like being asked to help out in the office for 4 hours one saturday or being asked to help out at a sporting event as the 'refreshment person'
    when you register your simply pick things (sports or jobs) that interest you and then when something arrises they contact you.
    I had been registered for over a year then I got a call asking me to help organise an event. it involved 4 meetings, and an AMAZING JAM PACKED STRESSFUL REWARDING WEEKEND. I am organising the same event this year and cant wait.

If you are still unsure you can call them any time and discuss.

Advertisement