Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw Doctors in the TF on New Years Eve

Options
  • 12-01-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody went to the Saw Doctors in the TF on new years eve. We were there and left after about an hour as it was such a disgrace. I nearly got trampelled to death while queuing for 25 mins to get to the top of the can bar, people were ordering slabs of bulmers because it took so long to get to the top, then you would trip over these slabs left on the floor as it was so rammed with people you couldn't see where you were walking.

The toilets were a whole other ball game. With the amount of people there, I think I counted 10 female cubicles, unless there were other toilets that I and the other 40 people in the queue in front of me were missing. There was a constant stream of girls going into the gents because the queue for the ladies was so long.

I was in the TF two years ago for BellX1 on new years eve and it was brilliant, thought the can bar was the best idea ever as there was no queue for people not ordering complicated drinks. Honestly this year it seemed like there were 3 times the amount of people here. Just wondering if anybody else had a similar experience there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Kaskade wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anybody went to the Saw Doctors in the TF on new years eve. We were there and left after about an hour as it was such a disgrace. I nearly got trampelled to death while queuing for 25 mins to get to the top of the can bar, people were ordering slabs of bulmers because it took so long to get to the top, then you would trip over these slabs left on the floor as it was so rammed with people you couldn't see where you were walking.

The toilets were a whole other ball game. With the amount of people there, I think I counted 10 female cubicles, unless there were other toilets that I and the other 40 people in the queue in front of me were missing. There was a constant stream of girls going into the gents because the queue for the ladies was so long.

I was in the TF two years ago for BellX1 on new years eve and it was brilliant, thought the can bar was the best idea ever as there was no queue for people not ordering complicated drinks. Honestly this year it seemed like there were 3 times the amount of people here. Just wondering if anybody else had a similar experience there.
    I left the Saw Doctors concert at 11:30. It was turning into a potentially dangerous situation with the amount of drink the can bar was selling. The sound was also poor and I had a much better time when I saw them in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I made the wise decision not to throw my money to those cowboys that run the TF. Everyone I know who went to it said it was fcukin shiad!
    Bit of a discussion about it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

alan4cult wrote: »
    I had a much better time when I saw them in 2006.

That was a great gig! :D

Advertisement