Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Hiring After Redundancy?

Options
  • 12-01-2009 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

I really need some help at the moment. My girlfriend got made redundant about 2 months ago, and she has found out today that they are hiring for the exact same position as she was let go from, including a few more aswell. (Two other staff were let go at the same time)
    She got them to put it in writing for her aswell that she was not just getting fired. I belive there is a law to state that a company cannot re-hire staff for redundant employees right away. Any help on the situation would be appreciated. Im desperate to help her.
    Thanks
    Des

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask for a job?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Solicitor related legal advice query. Off you go to your friendly solicitor who will more than likely be able to assist you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement