Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead community.

Options
  • 11-01-2009 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

Is the Irish flight sim community dead??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

we're very much alive! Summer is the busiest though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

<-quickly checks pulse yep thats still there, checks joystick sort of still there and working :P and checks fs loads and works yeap all of the above are in good order fs is still here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Well, that was a constructive thread. Maybe someone could close it now.[/humour]

Nah of course the FS community is alive. Get yourself squawkbox and connect up to VATSIM, lots of info at www.vateir.com.

Convinced? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I'm surprised this forum has turned out to be so quiet actually, any suggestions how we could make it better? I guess a lot of people just read reviews and news themselves, maybe we could share more good scenery/aircraft finds or get a weekly flyin going. I've been doing loads of VATSIM flying here but its 11+ hours ahead of you guys so you'd have to be up very early or late to fly virtual new zealand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

In the process of familiarising myself with Squawkbox, Vatsim. Bought a fatality headset which doesn't seem to be good enough, apparently picking up too much background noise, but I run three PC's with FSX + addons so noise is problematic. I am hoping a new USB headset will overcome the problem.

Just trying to liven up the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Three PCs with FSX? Have you got a projector or some kind of cockpit setup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

The setup just kinda developed that way.

PC1 (Bought to run FSX) = Dell XPS630I Core2Duo Cpu E8500 @ 3.16Ghz 4Gig RAM.
    Runs FSX with software addons. Hardware = TrackIRPro, Elite AP4000, Saitek Pro flight yoke system and Th2Go with 3 x 19"

PC2 (previously ran FS9) = Dell XPS600 Pentium4 3.60Ghz 2Gig RAM.
    WideFS, Project Magenta GAGC, (monitor 1)FSCommander8.3, (monitor 2) Squawkbox, (when I get it sorted).

PC3 = Old Hp pavilion used for displaying Navigraph charts in flight.

I have an ongoing cockpit project but it's a long way from finished. Currently the pieces are gathering dust in the attic but I swear I'll get to it. I originally built it with keyboard encoders and an old Jeppesen simulator appropriated from a flight school and modified. Someday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

VATEIR never really seems to have anybody on ATC lately in the last few weeks? or maybe its just the times i log onto it? Also sometimes VATEIR never loads the forums properly and i keep getting kicked from it, is it a faulty site?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Steyr wrote: »
    VATEIR never really seems to have anybody on ATC lately in the last few weeks? or maybe its just the times i log onto it? Also sometimes VATEIR never loads the forums properly and i keep getting kicked from it, is it a faulty site?

The VATSIM servers are acting up a lot of late, something to do with them porting over data to new hosts. That's ONLY the data server though (which relays the network connection info to Servinfo/VATSPY/DLMN or other clients for viewing who's online). The actual network servers are fine and there's generally a good load of us on from 4pm/5pm each evening.

As regards the VATeir site, it's sound, no connection problems here and I use the forums daily. Check your cache etc?

Think as well I should clarify the structure of the network...VATeir is merely a drop in the ocean.

The network as a whole is VATSIM, which has seven regions. In the Europe region there's VATEUD (all europe except UK), VATUK and VATRUS (Russia). VATeir lies as a vACC within the VATEUD division, in the EUR region. The network that we all connect to is reffered to as VATSIM because that's the global entity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Steyr wrote: »

You obviously do not understand that controllers log on in their own time at their own will- Vateir generally does not say "We'll have xyz controlling on tuesday...abc on wednesday"... etc, its a small VACC with a small roster of active controllers, and many of whom are busy with other things at the moment.

Generally check most evenings there is some ATC somewhere in Ireland. If servinfo is broken you'll have to loadup and check sqwawkbox to see what is on

The servers are very tired so servinfo is tempermental, one of the last outstanding issues has been resolved today so it should see more redundancy. (We hope).

• Advertisement
Advertisement