Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ankylosing Spondlitis

Options
  • 11-01-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello -

Has anyone here been diagnoised with this ? I'd like to set up a support forum for suffers -

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moved to here as you may get more feedback.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

havent been diagnosed but am mildly interested in hearing what its about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pasch

If you have any questions let me know....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

do a google search for mick mars.

hes the lead guitarist of motley crue, hes been rocking with the best of them for almost 30years , having this condition the whole time. It seems like a horrible disease though, seems to affect some people more than others.

but if he can do what hes done for 30 years, id take it as a really positive example:)

To Kona - Please don't state things like "it's a horrible disease" - this doesn't help. It affects people differently, many things help, especially a positive attitude, and you can do many things to aid the effects.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its more commonly known as Bechterew's syndrome, and appears to be a progressive autoimmune condition with much in common with a number of other autoimmune conditions. Its probably easiest to explain the condition as an arthritis of the spinal column, its degree of severity varies enormously from person to person.

Please note that while you may discuss your own condition, diagnosis, prognosis or experiences here in this forum- you are expressly prohibited from seeking medical advice.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Pasch wrote: »
    To Kona - Please don't state things like "it's a horrible disease" - this doesn't help. It affects people differently, many things help, especially a positive attitude, and you can do many things to aid the effects.

Well ive read what mick mars thinks of it and he says its horrible, im pretty sure if i had it i wouldnt want it.

Sorry mate if you have it:(, but lets call a spade a spade here, when your joints fuse together and your back becomes rigid, and there is no cure id call that a horrible disease.

Now i gave a extremley positive example of how sombody who has it pretty bad, has gone on to do extraordinary things(without medical assistance), and never gave up, even now in his mid 50s hes had it for the past 40 years, he is still doing world tours and releaseing material.

so i was saying it is a horrible disease, but you can fight it.....:)

Kona - Thanks for your reply, but I just wish people were a bit more careful when they post. First not all people fuse, and it's not the joint that fuse.
    Everyone is different, and the view is to prevent the inflammation, which can be managed by medication/diet/exercise.

Advertisement