Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet connection cuts

Options
  • 11-01-2009 4:28pm

Hey guys,

Im with Bt Ireland and have my own modem its a netgear modem but at least once a day my interest cuts out. it drives me around the bend! to fix it i have to unplug the box and replug it in, or disconnect from the network and relog in. sometimes doing this doesnt fix the problem!

Can someone please advise me if this is a broken on my end or on bts because someday im going to ring them and lose it!

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Hey guys,

Im with Bt Ireland and have my own modem its a netgear modem but at least once a day my interest cuts out. it drives me around the bend! to fix it i have to unplug the box and replug it in, or disconnect from the network and relog in. sometimes doing this doesnt fix the problem!

Can someone please advise me if this is a broken on my end or on bts because someday im going to ring them and lose it!

cheers
    Almost definitely your end.

Post up line stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

see your other thread. im also having issues. so its not just you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Im with a different ISP and something similar happens every couple of days. Restarting the router does the trick every time. I have tried a couple of different models but I have come to the conclusion, that being a heavy internet user, it just heats up and crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

MacGyver wrote: »
    see your other thread. im also having issues. so its not just you

Because people generally only go into the broadband section when they are having a problem and because disconnection issues are the most common problem people have there is very little to show that your problems are anything other than completely unrelated.

Post up your line stats.

• Advertisement

im sorry but how would you find your line stats? cheers

Advertisement