Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (40 Games) - PS3 / Xbox 360 - - €32.49 [Play.com]

Options
  • 10-01-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

An excellent price.. and could be a fantastic game!

Not released til 20th February.

8084351x.jpg
    Developed by Backbone Entertainment, Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection contains over 40 celebrated Sega classics in one package; making it the largest collection of Sega first party games ever offered. Featured games include Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2 and 3, Columns, Alien Storm, Ecco The Dolphin, Space Harrier, and cult classic, Streets Of Rage 1, 2 and 3. The games in the collection have been reproduced with the utmost detail and accuracy to commend their originals. In addition, Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection can output the games in 720p with higher resolution graphics for HD televisions, bringing a new visual richness to these classic titles.

Games:

Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle
    Alien Storm
    Altered Beast
    Beyond Oasis
    Bonanza Bros.
    Columns
    Comix Zone
    Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
    Dr. Robotnik's MBM
    Dynamite Headdy
    Ecco The Dolphin
    Ecco II: The Tides Of Time
    E-Swat
    Fatal Labyrinth
    Flicky
    Gain Ground
    Golden Axe I
    Golden Axe II
    Golden Axe III
    Kid Chameleon
    Phantasy Star II
    Phantasy Star III: Generations Of Doom
    Phantasy Star IV: The End Of The Millennium
    Ristar
    Shining In The Darkness
    Shining Force
    Shining Force 2
    Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Sonic And Knuckles
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    Sonic The Hedgehog 3
    Streets Of Rage
    Streets Of Rage 2
    Streets Of Rage 3
    Super Thunder Blade
    Vectorman
    Vectorman 2

EDIT: Same prices a few places online so you could avoid Play's conversation rate..

Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SEGA-Mega-Drive-Collection-PS3/dp/B001P5HX0Y/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1231613584&sr=8-18

HMV: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=808619

GAME: http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Classic/~r339366/Sega-Mega-Drive-Ultimate-Collection/?s=SEGA%20Mega%20Drive%20Collection

Gamestation: http://gamestation.co.uk/PS3/Classic/~r413433/SegaMegaDriveUltimateCollection/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

PS2 version is £15 here .. a better option for those of us with 60GB PS3's really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Oh, and a PSP version for £12

The PS3 and 360 versions are £25 aswell, probably work out similar enough with delivery and the exchange rate going back down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Yea theres a couple of decent games in there. I've read the graphics may look blurry on the big screen though.

thumb800x800_3008297740_007deb4d46_o.jpg

Just read the filter can be turned off. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

will be buying it, but not gonna pre-order as it might end up being available for cheaper elsewhere when it comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I just had a little retro sex wee.

I will be buying this at any cost, recession or no!

Shinobi and streets of rage yaaaaaaaaa.

And DeCap Attack!?!?!

I'm hyperventilating. Screw all the 1080p and HD gaming exeriences with their stupidly high frame rates, oldskool FTW!

• Advertisement

I see the OP has corrected the price on his original thread to the adjusted play.com price, to hide the embarrassment of having advised people to pre-order it for €35.49 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

karmabass wrote: »
    PS2 version is £15 here .. a better option for those of us with 60GB PS3's really!
    not seeing SOR in that package...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I see the OP has corrected the price on his original thread to the adjusted play.com price, to hide the embarrassment of having advised people to pre-order it for €35.49 :p
    Thread title or price hasn't been modified by myself or Ruu since January 10th.

The only thing I'm gonna change now is I incorrectly put the link to the deal on HUKD (to £24.99 in sterling), instead of the direct link on Play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Holy **** -

Streets Of Rage
    Streets Of Rage 2
    Streets Of Rage 3

*faints*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

DarkJager wrote: »
    Holy **** -

Streets Of Rage
    Streets Of Rage 2
    Streets Of Rage 3

*faints*

Exactly dude! Those were like my fav games on the sega! Also all of the golden axe games r in there too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Pity it's an in-house only collection. I'd love to have a go at Toejam & Earl, Splatterhouse and Road Rash again.

Anyway, Hurrah indeed for the Streets trilogy inclusion, but was it really necessary to include all 3 Golden Axe conversions (One would do , really. And Im a fan) , and all those Sega Sonic games at the expense of the likes of Outrun, Afterburner, Super Hang on, Space Harrier, the Wonder boy series and most criminally, Revenge of Shinobi?

Perhaps there'll be unlockables.... I'll hang on 'til it's special-offered, I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Now £23.89 (about €26.50 at todays rate, but you'll be charged whatever rate it is on the day it ships) as a preorder from sendit

(Released 20th Feb. Good price. Dont hold yer breath for speedy delivery, mind.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

it is possible to download an emulater and play those games on your pc without buying any additional hardware

just get a usb joypad and your laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the sonic games:eek:

homer-drool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

madmik wrote: »
    it is possible to download an emulater and play those games on your pc without buying any additional hardware

just get a usb joypad and your laughing

this is only legal though if you own original copies of all the games already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Your memories of these games is often far better than the game is. i got comand and conquor recently holy plops its bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Now further reduced to £22.89 from sendit.

I have it on the way from asda, paid €26.54

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If it had Sunset Riders I would so buy 10 copies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Dave! wrote: »
    If it had Sunset Riders I would so buy 10 copies :(

Bury me with my money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got it today from sendit. (for £20.40) Son playing it for a little while before I make him do his homework:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got it over the weekend, its really good. I was genuinely surprised when I unlocked the arcade version of Shinobi during a regular game of Shinobi III.... Some notable omissions though... Thunderforce games, Castle of Illusion, Gunstar Heroes, and Sunset Riders, but for this price you can't complain. Maybe they'll be in the sequel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

no road rash?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Hear this is pants - games look crap on HD screens and not only is there no online multiplayer, there's not even online high score leaderboards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

jayteecork wrote: »
    Hear this is pants - games look crap on HD screens and not only is there no online multiplayer, there's not even online high score leaderboards.

Thats because this was a golden age in gaming, when stupid online features and e-penises happily did not exist. The games never needed such features, and I'm happier to see them in their original forms than being loaded up with tacked on crap to appeal to the "kids"

I got this on the weekend (pretty much a requirement as I was always a Sega kid) and I love it. I played through SOR 1-3 on the weekend, have revisted the Sonic games and am experiencing for the first time the joys of Shinobi 3 and the Phantasy Star games. Add to that box art for all the games, little random facts you may not about each and developer interviews and this is an absolute must for anybody who remembers the good old days when gameplay was what mattered most.

Your memories of these games is often far better than the game is.

Sonic and Streets Of Rage are still brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Bury me with my money!

Yes. Oh, God. Yes.
    I've never even heard Sunset Riders mentioned by anyone before, but my God I love that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

jayteecork wrote: »
    DarkJager wrote: »
    Thats because this was a golden age in gaming, when stupid online features and e-penises happily did not exist. The games never needed such features, and I'm happier to see them in their original forms than being loaded up with tacked on crap to appeal to the "kids"

Nonsense, you're advocating less features over more, even though more (online co-op, leaderboards, etc.) shouldn't detract from your own playing experience. You can't honestly say that you are pleased they did not also include online co-op in Streets of Rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Orrr you could just use MAME..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Fnz wrote: »
    Nonsense, you're advocating less features over more, even though more (online co-op, leaderboards, etc.) shouldn't detract from your own playing experience. You can't honestly say that you are pleased they did not also include online co-op in Streets of Rage.

Streets of Rage is better when the person you're playing with is right beside you. You can physically punch them if they accidentally hit you ingame, or they've taken the health you obviously needed more :cool:

Advertisement