Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright infrigement question

Options
  • 10-01-2009 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Question: If someone puts footage from a TV show on youtube etc without permission i.e. infringed the original copyright and another tv program then shows the you tube clip are they are also infringing copyright?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Question: If someone puts footage from a TV show on youtube etc without permission i.e. infringed the original copyright and another tv program then shows the you tube clip are they are also infringing copyright?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well, I think there are questions of context - if for example a news or technology program was doing a piece on copyright infringement and showed 5 seconds of the copyright material being shown on a computer, then I suspect it isn't a breach.

Advertisement