Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bic board

Options
  • 09-01-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

friend is looking for bic board new where is the best place to get one? ebay seems the cheapest so far....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

With the exchange rate, I'd say kingofwatersports.com is a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Seconded, ebay can be a pain as its easy to put up old or stock pictures or the board. That said i've bought 2 boards in the past from ebay (new) and was quite happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

i thought kingofwatersports dont send boards to ireland?or am i completly wrong!?:rolleyes:

They definately deliver to Ireland - check out this thread plenty of feedback on them towards the end of it.

Thanks...oh its the discount i wont get on the board how bad still well worth it!!:D

• Advertisement

How much is delivery to ireland?? it says boards are not free to deliver!! :mad:also does anyone know does fins come with bic package??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

Not sure about any of those, you'd have to check with them. Might be worth going to the North to pick it up, saw some good deals up there

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

elainee wrote: »
    How much is delivery to ireland?? it says boards are not free to deliver!! :mad:also does anyone know does fins come with bic package??

cant remember how much delivery was but its £9.95 on his ebay site.
    http://stores.ebay.ie/SOUTH-SURFING-PRODUCTS

You do get fins w the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 abcjonesy

yo elainee.....the board is c/w fins. I bought the BIC 7'9. I was never charged delivery. Give them a shout before you order and say you've heard from friends that they didn't get charged shipping and they'll probably do it for free. Worth a quick call. I'm sure they are always eager for orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Ya delivery with them is free. You get wax, bag and leash. Don't think you get fins...

• Advertisement

You tempted me Elainee, just bought one myself!! Will be nice for low wave days. Though looking at the confirmation, it says Mini Mal 7'9. I presume this is a typo; wasn't the BIC 7'9 called the Natural Surf??

yeah its natural surf wouldnt worry id say its same thing defo typo!!;) (emailed them defo get fins & free p&p)

we are between 7'9 and 7'3 what would ye recommened for girl 5'5' light build??? thinkin of goin with the 7'3 now 7'9 looks to big for her v.long and wide...

yeah its natural surf wouldnt worry id say its same thing defo typo!!;) (emailed them defo get fins & free p&p)

we are between 7'9 and 7'3 what would ye recommened for girl 5'5' light build??? thinkin of goin with the 7'3 now 7'9 looks to big for her v.long and wide...

7'3 should be ok. 7'9 will be easier starting out, but you may outgrow it if you progress quickly. But at 5'5 and light build 7'3 should be easy enough to handle.

yup think 7'3 is the way to go thanks!!!!!!:p

You tempted me Elainee, just bought one myself!! Will be nice for low wave days. Though looking at the confirmation, it says Mini Mal 7'9. I presume this is a typo; wasn't the BIC 7'9 called the Natural Surf??

Let me know when you get your board say you should get it before the weekend!!!How exciting!!!!:D

Let me know when you get your board say you should get it before the weekend!!!How exciting!!!!:D

got an eMail last night saying they didn't have the grey stripe...so I went for the yellow :p

Would be suprised if I had it by the weekend...so you reckon it does come with fins?? That would be handy...

I'm 99.9% certain that they come with fins. It would be unusual for a Bic not to.

In fact I can specifically remember a post on this board from someone who bought from KoW who was missing a bolt for one of the fins with his Bic. He mailed them and they sent him some replacements.

Don't ask how I remember that, I just do for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 abcjonesy

got an eMail last night saying they didn't have the grey stripe...so I went for the yellow :p

Would be suprised if I had it by the weekend...so you reckon it does come with fins?? That would be handy...

I got the same BIC board from KOW. Ordered grey and they sent yellow cause of stock. Mine was delivered in 2 working days. You should defineltely have by the w/end unless you live somewhere of the beaten track where certain delivery companys only go every second day. You get the fins 100% and a little alan-key kearing to fit them.

yeah my friend emailed them and the fins come with board savage price really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pendragon_y2k

Wow, that ebay link is pretty savage right enough....
    Lots of second hand boards available on http://www.irishsurfer.com/classifieds/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 ben bennett

Hi elainee, just a few points you got to think about, the level you are surfing at will decide which size to go for, i have been teaching surfing for 15yrs + teach a lot of people who have just got their own board and its amazing the amount of people end up with the wrong board. You get lots of comments on this site and others about buying to big and then having to get something smaller. However if you go big at the start you get more enjoyment as more waves, and learn the basic skills right. So many people out in the water on too small a board and taking months or years to progress. If your light and young also think about if your still growing and also how often you are realistically going to get out in the water. If your only getting out 6-10 weekend a year better to enjoy it and get lots of waves rather than what i hear a lot " if i keep trying ill eventually get some waves on this board". the 7'3'' is a lot less forgiving than the 7'9''. The wrong position on the board , or to the wave (especially if its small) and you get very few waves. just food for thought. best of luck either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bayog

Hi Guys,
    See you are looking for a new BIC board. I have a second hand 10 ft board for sale if anyone is interested. It has only been used a few times and was bought from new. PM if anyone interested.

Advertisement