Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huerta to leave UFC

• 09-01-2009 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

“I saw that you have to dedicate as much as you do to training for a fight as you do for an acting role and I’m intrigued by that. I’m 25 years old. I see Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture and they didn’t really hit their primes till their thirties. I’m only going to be young so long and I know that movies and agencies and what not want the young look...

Pursuing the modeling and acting thing, that’s kind of where I’m at right now. The fighting will always be there. I’ll always have that in me. The truth is I’ve been fighting my whole life for everything, and this to me, is something else.”

http://www.cagepotato.com/lofl-huerta-turns-down-ufc-contract-extension-pursue-acting-and-modeling

Not the first time I have questioned where Huerta is getting advise from, but best of luck to him

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

Thats officially the weirdest thing of 2009 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Dude!!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Good riddens, I know the phrase it overused but Huerta was definitely over-rated. Had some great fights but clearly he's not a dedicated fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Clever move by Huerta. You have to question exactly how good he really is, and what he was really capable of doing in the LW division. As long as they have sharks like Sherk, Kenny, BJ etc all doing battle then Huerta is not holding that belt and they can only push him without that belt for so long.

As it is UFC put a lot of money into getting Heurta's name all over the place. And he got a lot of it, now he is gonna parlay that quasi mainstream acceptance into money. And fair play to him.

He played the UFC game the right way, in that they will push you directly off your ability to make them money. The need to expect to be played from time to time.

I agree with dragan. plus it gives him a few years to work on his skillset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Fair play to him..First fighting in the ufc, now giving hollywood a shot..

living the dream brother..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

will he still develop as a fighter without fighting in the ufc? did he imply he'd keep training on a daily basis but fight in smaller shows/not at all? i think huerta has loads of potential and is still young enough to be a contender in 5 years times perhaps when people like bj and sherk have handed in their gloves. but if he doesn't train properly for the next year or two, he'll never catch up to even people like joe lauson or the countless other young, motivated, talented 155ers.

but then again, if he's one of those guys making less than 30k a fight. maybe actually getting into a few big modeling contracts or movies will do massive things for his fight purse. imagine the billing, calvin klien model fights in ufc. or star of latest crap movie fights in ufc, that's 6 digits a fight there.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Really hope he comes back some day

Advertisement