Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usa visa sponsorship question

Options
  • 09-01-2009 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi everyone
    sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.
    Does anyone know what the story is with visa sponsorship in america for example if one was to get a job in a bar or nightclub in america what kind of procedure would the owner of the business have to go trough to sponsor you to stay in the country is it a long and gruesome process or is it quick and easy and does the application cost money.
    any input would be appreciated:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

AFAIK, companies can only apply for visa's for non residents if the job cannot be fulfilled by a US citizen - usually skilled labour, so cant see them being able to push for a visa for a bar worker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Better suited to the Abroad forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved to Living Abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 m!!!

lynchie wrote: »
    AFAIK, companies can only apply for visa's for non residents if the job cannot be fulfilled by a US citizen - usually skilled labour, so cant see them being able to push for a visa for a bar worker.

well cheers for the info not quite what i wanted too hear but thats life :( anyway thanks

and sorry for posting in the wrong place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

There is talk of a 12 month working visa for Irish to work in USA. I think the details are still to be clarified. It was announced around last October, but there has not been much said since. They said initially anyone with a Leaving Cert or a trade qualification would qualify, but I think I heard since that it may be for college grads. Like I said, I think it's still not decided so keep an eye out. The usit website has a link on it where you leave your name and email and they will contact you once details are out.

EDIT: If anyone has more info on this visa could they post it please.

As in who qualifies and when can we apply!!??

• Advertisement
Advertisement