Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie

Options
  • 09-01-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭

Tristram wrote: »
    i have a theory that some mods compete with others trying to rack up bans and thread closures... if only there was a section of the boards to discuss such a conspiracy...

True?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

It's out there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Hmmmm....
    lob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

javaboy wrote: »
    Hmmmm....
    lob.jpg
    that's only half of it ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I bet there are a few others who would die to get into that table .Their egos demand it .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

latchyco wrote: »
    I bet there are a few others who would die to get into that table .Their egos demand it .
    that table is only for site bans though so not all mods can get on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Abeyance

lol ... "League of Bast**ds" ... nice hehe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

i have a theory that some users compete with others trying to rack up bans and thread closures... if only there was a section of the boards to discuss such a conspiracy...

True?

fixed that for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Tristram wrote: »
    True?
    No.

There's no mod conspiracy. A lot of the mods can't even stand each other tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

hmmm

didnt expect replies to this

kinda at a loss as to what do

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

No.

As in any organisation .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

I saw the original post that was taken from. I'd speculate his issues came from the fact that vBulletin now incorporates the ability for mods etc to put user notes against people accounts. Such as
    "Possibly is banned user called xxxx"
    "Was seen acting suspiciously on the PI forum"
    "One to watch"
    "Warned about trolling"

I'd speculate also that the user in the original post had the recent bans issued based on the notes left by fellow mods.

That is why they are there. Saves mods having to go looking through a person histry to get a feel for them.

All speculation, obviously.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

The deep dark underbelly that exists here is under investigation. I will be looking into this matter personally. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

You'll be looking into the deep dark underbelly of the mods?

Godspeed DenMan, godspeed

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I saw the original post that was taken from. I'd speculate his issues came from the fact that vBulletin now incorporates the ability for mods etc to put user notes against people accounts. Such as
    "Possibly is banned user called xxxx"
    "Was seen acting suspiciously on the PI forum"
    "One to watch"
    "Warned about trolling"

I'd speculate also that the user in the original post had the recent bans issued based on the notes left by fellow mods.

That is why they are there. Saves mods having to go looking through a person histry to get a feel for them.

All speculation, obviously.

:pac:
    User notes have been around for a while but I don't think they get used much tbh. The siteban note is what Smods will use to get a better understanding of why the person has been banned. At least that's what I use.

What if there was a list for Mods comparing their forum bans against each others?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

No.

True!!!!!!!! I love you though TE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

DenMan wrote: »
    The deep dark underbelly that exists here is under investigation. I will be looking into this matter personally. :D
    Pervert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    True!!!!!!!! I love you though TE :pac:

And I may be drunk but I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE <3 XX

Advertisement