Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco DVD-R 50 spindle pack €4.00

Options
  • 09-01-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Just bought the above it's possibly a pricing error as the 10 pack are €3.49. Also Tesco CD-R 25 pack are €3.67 which is not too bad either.

(The DVD-R are single layered discs)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Which tesco?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

That's pretty awesome but I doubt you'd get it nationwide.

By the way if it were a pricing error shouldn't you have gotten it for nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Thurles, they had the price label in front of them with €4.00 on it so it wasn't an error in that sense but I feel that they have priced them too low at their end.
    the barcode for the DVDR is 5051008884258
    (Tesco code number is 058143577)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

jayteecork wrote: »
    By the way if it were a pricing error shouldn't you have gotten it for nothing?
    I think they got rid of that offer once a few people managed to walk out with free Xbox 360s a year or so back :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I think they got rid of that offer once a few people managed to walk out with free Xbox 360s a year or so back :)

Nah I walked out of there with 12 free cans of Tesco Lager recently after a misprice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

The only thing I find with those tesco discs is you end up throwing out more than you use , the last time I got a 10 pack of cds I got only 3 good ones out of it , I never bought the dvds because of that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭mp3guy

This should be relabeled "Tesco Coasters", I don't think I've ever had one successful write with their discs, on many different burners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

mp3guy wrote: »
    This should be relabeled "Tesco Coasters", I don't think I've ever had one successful write with their discs, on many different burners.

they are pure frisbees for sure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

they are pure frisbees for sure:)

I've been using them for the last 3 years burned hundreds of DVD's haven't had one problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

mp3guy wrote: »

I've used about 40 of a 50 spindle - Not one problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

eamon234 wrote: »
    I've been using them for the last 3 years burned hundreds of DVD's haven't had one problem with them.

I also have used a lot of these in the past and have had very few unsuccessful writes (these were the +R's mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

eamon234 wrote: »

Sorry lads should have elaborated, it was the cdr s i found sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

you can get coasters from using any disk even verbatims at 3euro per disk!

my advise burn at a lower speed. even 2.4 speed if you have too!

that goes with any branded disk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

If it's Tesco DVD -R's spindle in the purple wrapper, I've had no success burning them on three different PC DVD drives. They burned OK on the under telly DVD recorder though, even at high speed dubbing transfer from HDD. Wouldn't buy them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

People mentioning Verbatim etc..

Let's get this straight, CD or DVD blank brands *mean nothing* it is who manufactures them that will tell you what kind of quality burn you will get, a shop can stock Verbatims made by Moser Baer and Taiyo Yuden, in the same packaging, on the same shelf. One is ****e (MB India), one is fine (TY Japan). All brands basically do is buy in and repackage lots from the manufacturers.

Tesco have been using Chinese media with fake media codes lately.

Could someone pop one of these into their DVD drive and run DVD Identifier (Free) please.

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Amalgam wrote:
    Could someone pop one of these into their DVD drive and run DVD Identifier (Free) please.
    for CD's all that tells you is who the die was made for originally. a second hand die will still list the original manufacturer :(

I think it's the same for DVD's but am open to correction

Advertisement