Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it worth buying car in NI, A4, 2003, £5500 sterling?

Options
  • 09-01-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

In cork city, I was thinking of buying an Audi A4, 2003/02 in Northern Ireland, someting under £6000 sterling, is it worth doing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes it is, however if you have a car already make sure you factor in the current value you will get for it and face the fact that you could be trying to sell it for over 6 months. You need to also check that what you are buying has been well maintained with a full service history and I would also try to get one with a recent timing belt change as otherwise you will be shelling out for one down here which is costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

was just having this discussion with a car rep lad last night, he said it is by far cheaper to go north to buy but just make sure you check the republic prices then the north prices and add your vrt cost to it and compare the differance.

I saw a 2002 audi a3 in the north last night £3000 ono, 1.9tdi, black and it spotless! I cringed... kept sayin I want I want I want dammit I want

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

check out autoquake.co.uk i nerly creid when i seen a 04 320cd on it!!

you would have it here on the road cleared for 15.5k

wont even say what i payed for mine last year!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Oh my god, €15,501?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Check out the VRT calculator beforehand too. Did a quick check on an '03 A4, 1.6L petrol, and they valued it at €12686, bringing VRT to €3552. A very good deal if you got that car for under £4k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Oh my god, €15,501?! :D

or double it:P

Advertisement