If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillips 42PFL7603D

Options
  • 09-01-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,527 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone purchased this TV and what do they make of it. I've seen it and am thinking of getting it.
    I notice its not available on richersounds, will there be any chance of this brand becoming available there in future?
    Kippy

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kippy wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone purchased this TV and what do they make of it. I've seen it and am thinking of getting it.
    I notice its not available on richersounds, will there be any chance of this brand becoming available there in future?
    Kippy

Kippy,

yes, we have that available ex stock - delivered into Dublin at just €949.95 - Including a 5 year warranty - Or I have one ex display model to clear at GBP £699.95 ex Belfast (19.95 extra for delivery) drop me a line if you are interested to johnmc@richersounds.ie ??

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pflan

John,

First thanks for truely great customer service it's refreshing these days.

I've looked at your sale and what was available but I didn't see the new large Philips LCDs. Do you have any of the following in stock? Any Deals?

42PFL9803H
    47PFL9703D

Also a question for you and the rest of the board. I've seen mixed reviews on net for the large philips LCDs but I really want to mount my LCD on my white wall and utilise the ambilight feature. However am I just getting sucked in by this ambilight? Would I be better off spending my money on a different brand for picture quality etc. As this TV is going to have to last me!

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Peter.

pflan wrote: »
    John,

First thanks for truely great customer service it's refreshing these days.

I've looked at your sale and what was available but I didn't see the new large Philips LCDs. Do you have any of the following in stock? Any Deals?

42PFL9803H
    47PFL9703D

Also a question for you and the rest of the board. I've seen mixed reviews on net for the large philips LCDs but I really want to mount my LCD on my white wall and utilise the ambilight feature. However am I just getting sucked in by this ambilight? Would I be better off spending my money on a different brand for picture quality etc. As this TV is going to have to last me!

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Peter.

FPlan,

Thnaks for the message - I think personally that the Philips large screens are radically under rated and I specifically feel that the 42PFL9803 is the best LCD I have ever seen bar none (It is damn expensive though!)

RE. Ambilight - lots of people knock it as a gimmick - however if yuo speak to A N Y O N E who has bought one and wall mounted it - they, to a man love it and would never buy a tv again without that feature - Philips claim great things for Ambi such as improved percieved contrast, reduced eye strain etc - all these may be true - however what people really love about it is the enhanced viewing EXPERIENCE it gives them - ie when you turn it off the whole experience just goes flat - and you just have to turn it on again! It really only works 100% when wall mounted and to be fair the newer LED ambi TV's are much more effective than the old ones which only had FL tubes.

Anyway as you can tell - forget about all the science - it's just great fun!

Brass tacks - sale prices:

47PFL9703D - €1299 delivered in Dublin
    42PFL9803 (Yummy) - €2399 again delivered in Dublin

Hope that's all okay and if I can assist in any way please just drop me a line to johnmc@richersounds.ie

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

johnmc wrote: »
    FPlan,

Thnaks for the message - I think personally that the Philips large screens are radically under rated and I specifically feel that the 42PFL9803 is the best LCD I have ever seen bar none (It is damn expensive though!)

RE. Ambilight - lots of people knock it as a gimmick - however if yuo speak to A N Y O N E who has bought one and wall mounted it - they, to a man love it and would never buy a tv again without that feature - Philips claim great things for Ambi such as improved percieved contrast, reduced eye strain etc - all these may be true - however what people really love about it is the enhanced viewing EXPERIENCE it gives them - ie when you turn it off the whole experience just goes flat - and you just have to turn it on again! It really only works 100% when wall mounted and to be fair the newer LED ambi TV's are much more effective than the old ones which only had FL tubes.

Hope that's all okay and if I can assist in any way please just drop me a line to johnmc@richersounds.ie

ATB,

John Mc
    John, i sent you an email about my 47PFL9703D i purchased off you on the 29th Dec 08.

BTW the ambi light is fantastic and makes the viewing experience well worth it.

johnmc wrote: »
    FPlan,

RE. Ambilight - lots of people knock it as a gimmick - however if you speak to A N Y O N E who has bought one and wall mounted it - they, to a man love it and would never buy a tv again without that feature - Philips claim great things for Ambi such as improved percieved contrast, reduced eye strain etc - all these may be true - however what people really love about it is the enhanced viewing EXPERIENCE it gives them - ie when you turn it off the whole experience just goes flat - and you just have to turn it on again! It really only works 100% when wall mounted and to be fair the newer LED ambi TV's are much more effective than the old ones which only had FL tubes.

ATB,

John Mc

Guys,

Thanks to the sharp eyed Boardies who noticed my €1000 slip up!

The price on the 47PFL9703D should be €2199.95, not €1299.95 apologies to all for the error!

Thanks again and ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.