Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors in Portlaoise - wth???

Options
  • 09-01-2009 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

I came off my bike hard on the icy roads this morning, and slammed my head into the curb. For about two minutes, I couldn't move or speak, and my entire body felt like it had 'pins and needles'. Its two hours later and my head still feels like its vibrating and every muscle in my body is tensed and sore.

I have been trying to find a doctor, but I am new to the town, every single one I have tried has said they are not taking new patients. I have gone through every one on GoldenPages.ie. What the hell is going on here? Why are there no doctors available?

At this stage, my only option is the A+E, but since I am able to get up and walk around fine, and I am able to think straight I don't want to waste their time :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

go to A&E, you won't be wasting their time, and the staff there are very helpful.

get yourself checked out properly

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭sadie9

Did you try the Cedar Clinic, Mountmellick rd (Dr David Booth plus other Gps).

• Subscribers Posts: 41,193 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

go to A&E, you won't be wasting their time, and the staff there are very helpful.

get yourself checked out properly

best of luck

i know this is too late but...
    you could try the medoc on the dublin road if looking for an out-of-hours service...

also i think a+e charge 110 euro if presented without a doctors referral...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Ms K Sir A

110 or not... seriously... a head injury is a head injury.... get to the fecking A & E. That 110 will be no good to u in the box beside u next week!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Ms K Sir A

And I oughta pay attention to post dates! Hope ur alright now!!!! :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement