Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVG Free in Google search WARNING

Options
  • 09-01-2009 8:33am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Hey All,
    Maybe ye already know about this, but i was totally discusted to hear about this. I always recommend AVG Free to family and friends. Tell them to do a google search and download it. Usually, no problem there. Until lately after a friend ended up with Antivirus 2009. Just did a search on google now and the first sponsored link in google is offical AVG website. Second two links are for anti virus 2009. Whats my problem. Their are using AVG in their addresses and ads. I'm presuming this is the same Anti virus 2009 malware product.

Ad 1
    AntiVirus - Free Download
    AVG-Download-Free.org Download Latest Virus Protection AntiVirus 8.5 - 100% Guaranteed!

Ad 2
    AntiVirus 2009 Free
    AVG.Anti-Virus-Solution.com Anti Virus Protection Now. AntiVirus 2009 - 100% Guaranteed!

Just taught i share this with everybody.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Yeah I noticed that myself alright, I've been giving out the domain name instead of telling people to google it. Fairly simple one to remember

http://free.avg.com

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

That link is throwing an error when I try it.

Has Grisoft gone down ? :(

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Ya this happened me recently aswell.
    They do the same for other AV / Malware removal tools.
    Have a search for Malware bytes. Same thing.
    Dont think much can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

But whenever they are receiving request to have certain sponsored ads, can't google find out whether a certain product is malware before adding it to the sponsored ads list.

Or is the whole sponsored ad thing automated? As in there is no direct contact with those who pay for sponsored ads? Even so certain searches should be moderated by google staff.

Advertisement