Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AlbumArtDownloader and Foobar2000 - need some help!

Options
  • 09-01-2009 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I open up AlbumArtDownloader -> New -> Foobar Browser, search the entire library and select 'All albums with missing artwork'.

It brings up one by one, searches of the different albums and their artwork. If I click to save an artwork, it automatically saves as Folder.jpg in my Music directory (where all my mp3s are automatically saved when ripped by Foobar). So I choose to 'Save as' and give all the artworks their own separate names. This makes no difference though - whatever artwork is saved under Folder.jpg is the one that appears for all the albums when I open Foobar. None of the other artwork is used.

How do I set it up so that the correct artwork is associated with the correct album in Foobar? I hope I do not have to put all the albums into their own separate folders so that each of them can have their own separate Folder.jpg file?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭defenstration

Is it something to do with the way I'm ripping the cds onto my computer?
    Instead of using the 'Add to playlist' option, I choose the 'Rip' option and then after they're ripped, I add them to my playlist manually. Would that make any difference?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Folder.jpg is as the name suggests, the album art for that folder. Of course it wont work if you rip all your music to the same folder.

Sort your music and it will work grand.

Another option (messy and wasteful) is to embed the album art into each file..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭defenstration

Cheers.

Don't suppose there are any settings in Foobar that will automatically create a new folder when ripping? Or do I hafta do it all manually?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Have a look over on the forum.

Advertisement