Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heatmiser controls

Options
  • 08-01-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Has anyone any experience with heatmiser (http://www.heatmiser.co.uk/mc.htm) network controls, or anyother network thermostat linking system, ie, all rooms controled from one touchpad?
    D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

I have a four zone rad setup using prog stats controlled by heatmiser 12V stats with a touchpad. Kitchen (with hot water)/living/bedrooms/upstairs with rads in bathrooms and common areas coming on when any zone requests heat.

Had a problem with the touchpad blowing fuses but heatmiser changed that no quibble. Good response to tech queries also.

The only issue for rads users is the mindset about heating on or off. You need users to think of temp required instead of simply heating on and off. For example think "I want the kitchen at 20 from 7.30 am to 9.00 am" and not "I need to put the timer on the heating in the kitchen zone from 7 to 8.30 and hopefully that will get the temp to 20 by 7.30 etc etc."
    although you can run the stats in timer mode using the touchpad but that totally cancels out all the benefits of the stats.

In general once you set the temps and times it is very easy to get family members to just up the stat in the zone if they want extra heat.

The history feature on the touchpad is great as I can spot if someone got in earlier or stayed up later than usual by the spike in the temp at that time but of course it is only of novelty value.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

davidoco - did you have an existing control system in place or was this a new install? did you/your plumber install these?

thanks
    -Coley.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This may get more replies in the home appliances forum.

Moved from C & P.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

coley wrote: »
    davidoco - did you have an existing control system in place or was this a new install? did you/your plumber install these?

thanks
    -Coley.

Retrofit. the house had the standard timeclock and two manual zone valves.

Plumbing - I fitted two more zone valves - as long as you can access the pipes in the right place it is relatively straightforward.

Electrical - most of the system is 12V so I did that myself. Had to chase one wall to fit a new thermostat and sacrificed tv points or light switches to fit the others. The wiring centre come with very detailed instructions so I wired that up myself. Before I fired it up I got an electrician to check that I had fitted the correct fuses/isolator switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niallmullane

in relation to the heatmiser controls.
    I`m fitting them for the last year some new some retrofit jobs. you don't have to change the piping setup at all. you can leave the pipes as they are and just run the cables to the stats and to the rads. brilliant system and will save you a fortune on heating bills

• Advertisement
Advertisement