Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stepping down as moderator

Options
  • 08-01-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just to say that in the next few days, I'll be stepping down from moderation of the teaching and lecturing forum. Due to a whole lot of commitments in the real world, I won't have time to be running a close eye over all the threads that pop up here. Thanks for all your help over the couple of years that the forum has been running since I 'campaigned' to have it set up.

I'll still be listed as a moderator in the forum in case I have time in the future to pick up where I left off. Two new moderators have been 'chosen'. I'll introduce them in due course. Anyone who messes with them will get a 10 page essay from me on being nice to others. Also, my co-mod Tom Dunne (Who has been inspirational in his choice for my replacements :p) will still be swinging his banning stick with great vigour.

I'll still be posting in the forum, just not responding to messers. That'll be for Tom Dunne and the new bosses to do.

So.. Slán libh go léir! Ná bí dána!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I am sure I speak for everybody when I say thanks for all you have done for the forum. You were instrumental in setting it up and kept it running with a fair and level head, ensuring lively and engaging debate on all aspects of the teaching profession.

I wish you all the best in your Real Life endevours and upcoming nuptuals.

Don't be a stranger, the forum wouldn't be the same without you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I am sure I speak for everybody when I say thanks for all you have done for the forum. You were instrumental in setting it up and kept it running with a fair and level head, ensuring lively and engaging debate on all aspects of the teaching profession.

Thanks a lot! Just think of me as the son that moves out... only to return most evenings looking for dinner, and arrives at the weekend with a bag of washing.

Good luck to the newbies.. I'll be sure to start some wickedly flammable threads to see what they're made of :D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

Tom Dunne wrote: »

slyly gives it away. lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

ayapatrick wrote: »
    slyly gives it away. lol:D

Gives what away? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Thanks for your efforts. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement