Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona Marathon

Options
  • 08-01-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hello,

The Barcalona Marathon is on this March 1st. Its supposed to be a very flat route and it seems to be very very well organised. They have a pre race pasta party in the Parc Mont Junc the night before the race and the course has several water stops.

Is anyone on here also going? Would be great to have a few Irish runners en mass!

I did the Dublin Marathon in 3hrs 58mins so I want to shave 15mins off that in Spain.

Cheers,

SuperCereal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

Have a look in the Spring2009 thread a couple of pages down. There's already a few signed up for Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gabigeist

I did the Barcelona marathon in 2006 and found it excellent. Just FYI
    - yep its fairly flat and the city's architecture makes it an interesting run (you pass the Nou Camp also :)).
    - pasta 'party' is in name only so avoid. It was a marquee with Knorr or someone handing out the latest cup-a-soup.
    - the numbers running are quite low (c. 6000 I think) so not the usual level of pre-race hassle.
    - the water stops are excellent as sponsored by powerade etc
    - we got temperatures of 25 degrees in early march so prepare for all seasons.
    - lots of great pubs to rehydrate afterwards!

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Paddyontherun

I did Barcelona in 2006 also and agree with all the above. Good flat course. The main issue was the heat of March (it was late March that year) when we had a fairly rough winter here. The difference in temperature was the most difficult thing to deal with considering I get sunburnt under a light bulb. Very enjoyable run though. I thought about doing it this year but felt the 1st March was too soon after Xmas. Doing Rotterdam as it gives me an extra month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 goodfella74

Hey folks,
    new to this site. Am headin over to do the Barcelona Marathon on the 1st. My non running mate pulled out of going over because he decided to buy a new sofa instead .... to sit his lazy ass on :)
    Anyways, i will be trying to beat my pb of 3.28, i was wondering if there are any other irish going over who i can meet up with.

cheers,
    Anthony.

Advertisement