Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a prob with ipoker??

Options
  • 08-01-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Playin through boyle's and it keeps saying
    "cannot contact gaming sever, please check internet and try again"

Anyone know what thats about??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

YES.

Over the past two weeks nothing but connectivity issues with Boyles especially. Noble seems fine.

Of course i've been down the usual bs ipoker response route but im not taking their lame answers this time.

While i was disconnected.....

I tested other poker software, I tested my web browser and then went one step further and pinged 3 websites all in different places in the world.

Guess what? NO ISSUES I even ran a tracert which will map out a connection to the server you are connecting to and guess what?

Ipoker is the only server which I have issues with.

Of course as per terms and conditions you are not entitled to any refunds.

I firmly believe there is a major routing issues on the Mohawk reserve where some of the servers are located but Ipoker will not put their hands up and admit this.

I'm actually attempting to run tracerts on their servers the connection times out at each point it reaches the mohawk reserve.

This however could simply be due to security measures put in place.

I'm not a happy bunny atm and im only playing cash due to the continual connection issues.

Email them and give them hell please (email boyles and ask them to forward your mail to ipoker and give ipoker the abuse, BS staff are too nice for that :))

Please also mention their most insufficient system they have in place for disconnects, i've rarely managed to reconnect without having to reload the software.

You see these random connectivity issues on the tables all the time, with other players, but hey, must be their internet connection every time :rolleyes:

They've made a killing since the Tribeca merge, how much have they reinvested in their infrastructure and software?

i'd be very interested to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Samba wrote: »

I tested other poker software, I tested my web browser and then went one step further and pinged 3 websites all in different places in the world.

Guess what?

You haxx0r3d the planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Jesus this is interesting ive been disconnected loads in the last few days from boyle and they were blaming my interenet. Even though it was working fine.

It has cost me money because im playing sngs at one point i got disconnected from 5 sngs and wasnt able to reconnect.

It annoys me now when i see im not the only one yet they were claiming i was.

Also paddy power were quick to refund me in the past when similar happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

YES.

Over the past two weeks nothing but connectivity issues with Boyles especially. Noble seems fine.

Of course i've been down the usual bs ipoker response route but im not taking their lame answers this time.

Guess what? NO ISSUES I even ran a tracert which will map out a connection to the server you are connecting to and guess what?

Ipoker is the only server which I have issues with.

Of course as per terms and conditions you are not entitled to any refunds.

I firmly believe there is a major routing issues on the Mohawk reserve where some of the servers are located but Ipoker will not put their hands up and admit this.

I'm actually attempting to run tracerts on their servers the connection times out at each point it reaches the mohawk reserve.

This however could simply be due to security measures put in place.

I'm not a happy bunny atm and im only playing cash due to the continual connection issues.

Email them and give them hell please (email boyles and ask them to forward your mail to ipoker and give ipoker the abuse, BS staff are too nice for that :))

Please also mention their most insufficient system they have in place for disconnects, i've rarely managed to reconnect without having to reload the software.

You see these random connectivity issues on the tables all the time, with other players, but hey, must be their internet connection every time :rolleyes:

They've made a killing since the Tribeca merge, how much have they reinvested in their infrastructure and software?

i'd be very interested to know.

wow

you sound super pissed!! lol i was playin a tourney im not that mad i pm ciaran so waiting to hear back from him, cant really complain though finished in like 102nd out of like 315, i def lasted longer that way than by actually playin:o one thing though i was able to load the programe and see the tourny and the chip count change, go into and look at the cash tables and stuff but wasnt able to log back on whats that about???

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Guys we have been having an internal issue which has caused an issue while people were trying to log into the client. Gameplay was uneffected during this period.

• Advertisement

pgodkin wrote: »
    wow

you sound super pissed!! lol i was playin a tourney im not that mad i pm ciaran so waiting to hear back from him, cant really complain though finished in like 102nd out of like 315, i def lasted longer that way than by actually playin:o one thing though i was able to load the programe and see the tourny and the chip count change, go into and look at the cash tables and stuff but wasnt able to log back on whats that about???

yes, to the tune of about $1200 of which i only attempted to reclaim $100.

You haxx0r3d the planet?

ROFLMAYO LOL

ZOMG YOU ARE TEH 1337.

Go troll another thread if the above is the type of input you wish to bring to this discussion.

Ciaran - I do not believe that the issue is as clear cut, can anyone else report recent connectivity issues?

How long has this log in issue been going on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Our issues seem to be over the last week or two not just whatever problem was in effect this morning?

How long has this log in issue been going on for?

It started around 2pm today.

I'll await their response to my most recent mail, the money is not even an issue at this point, It would be nice to be able to play a game without constantly worrying about looming connectivity issues.

It started around 2pm today.

And its just started again :mad:

Sorry about this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Guys we have been having an internal issue which has caused an issue while people were trying to log into the client. Gameplay was uneffected during this period.

Ciaran

i was kicked out of two tournes and it had to be that because that message popped up straight away

I guess it's time for some COD Xbox live action!

Ciaran

i was kicked out of two tournes and it had to be that because that message popped up straight away

Pm me with your nickname and ill have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Playin through boyle's and it keeps saying
    "cannot contact gaming sever, please check internet and try again"

Anyone know what thats about??

thanks

I've been having this problem with iPoker for some time now (not on Boyle's though) . Each time I get the same 'ole line of, there is nothing wrong our side, it's your internet :rolleyes: - Clearly, their system is perfect and all of our internet connections are fcuked up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BOMBAY2

Lao Lao wrote: »
    I've been having this problem with iPoker for some time now (not on Boyle's though) . Each time I get the same 'ole line of, there is nothing wrong our side, it's your internet :rolleyes: - Clearly, their system is perfect and all of our internet connections are fcuked up!

same muck all the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

ipoker must die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Mods - sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I heard rumours late last year that iP were planning a major re-design for early '09, but I emailed Noble yesterday and they knew nothing about it.

So I presume the rumour was just BS?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I heard rumours late last year that iP were planning a major re-design for early '09, but I emailed Noble yesterday and they knew nothing about it.

So I presume the rumour was just BS?

Ipoker have been promising upgrades since tribeca joined, always in the next couple of weeks. Its unbelievable that practically the worst poker software out there is now bigger than full tilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

this is bull imo, whilst i had noticed an improvement a while back the last 2 weeks have been terrabad with discons.

I play multiple sites at the same time and its only ipoker going down and the rest is fine.

Mike/Ciaran/Noel and other skins what is Ipokers take on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

for starters.....ipoker should make the cards bigger....like the old way.....with regards to logging on......u have to belt ur password on the keyboard to log in........thats the only solution i found

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

this is bull imo, whilst i had noticed an improvement a while back the last 2 weeks have been terrabad with discons.

I play multiple sites at the same time and its only ipoker going down and the rest is fine.

+1 - I've had Full Tilt open at the same time as iPoker, iPoker skin goes down, Full Tilt works away without any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Bet365 is working fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ironman1

I have to agree with this poster on the ipoker issue. But i do have to say boo the silly words that he uses . Better grammer please sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

ironman1 wrote: »
    Better grammer please sir.

wat?

kelsey-grammer-picture-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

I have to agree with this poster on the ipoker issue. But i do have to say boo the silly words that he uses . Better grammer please sir.

if you're going to be such a sad loser and be so pedantic, then please at least spell grammar right.

bohsman wrote: »
    wat?

kelsey-grammer-picture-1.jpg
    This is definately better grammer than the dribble in the other post.
    Thank you mr Bohsman. How do get photographs to come up on the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ironman thanks for setting up an account to point out the fact that you find my grammer grammar bad.
    Now GFY

BTW Nice pic Oscar lol

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

riffraff8jpyv0.jpg

• Advertisement

Ironman thanks for setting up an account to point out the fact that you find my grammer grammar bad.
    Now GFY

BTW Nice pic Oscar lol
    My apologies mr Talon Shapely Soul if i offended you in your use of childish made up fantasyland words. But i can see from your blog that you are clearly a confused individual who is indeed living in a fantasyland .
    BTW thanks for the link to your blog, i havn't laughed so much in a long time.
    PS. My acc was opened to ask for info on another topic in the main forum and not as you thought that i opened it just for . (Truly sad )

Advertisement