Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal issue question

Options
  • 08-01-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone,

Hopefully I put this in the right forum, if not I'm sorry.

I'm Jorryt and I moved to Ireland a couple months ago.

I set up a online pokertraining video site in the Netherlands (www.nederpoker.nl). It's a cardrunners alike website.

Within our company we are now considering opening an english version of the site.

What i need to know is:
    Is it legal in Ireland to advertise for online poker rooms online??

I've been searching a while but uptill now I got no clear answer. Can anyone help me?

Kind regards,
    Jorryt van Hoof.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its not illegal.

Lots of sites advertise online (just look at the banner ads here, GJP, Paddys, Boyles... all are Irish sites).

Welcome to Ireland by the way...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

I for one would be interested in seeing some of your videos in english.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RichardB2

Categorically Yes.
    Online poker rooms can avail of all the usual media outlets in Ireland for advertisement purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

GL with site...Were you in one of Krantz' or FWF videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheCleaner11

Hey guys,

@Dave and Richard: Thanks for the responses!

@Zuutroy: yeah I believe i'm in one or two of those vid's, not sure though but i heard that before so most likely :D

@Pulsar Eagle: Glad to hear that :D

Good luck!
    Jorryt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

hey, check your pm's - (private messages, accessible in the top right of the screen, just underneath were it says welcome *your name.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

good luck with this.

I would change the name though from nederpoker to perhaps irelpoker

Advertisement