Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penis problem

Options
  • 08-01-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I recently got an Sti test. Everything is fine i am relieved to say. However there is one thing that i pointed out to the doctor that is still bothering me. She said it is nothing. The helmet of my penis is a different shade where the skin lies on it to whats exposed to the air. Its a dark red under and a lighter pinky red exposed. Did anyone else ever come across this? Skin peels here every few months aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm surprised you went to a female doctor, i would always go to male doc for things of that nature......get a second opinion off one if its troubling you.

does it feel different??

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Snap. Wouldnt worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

fryup wrote: »
    .....get a second opinion off one if its troubling you.

+1000000000000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi OP here,

Thanks for the replies.

Its not sore or anything. Its just that this was never the case up to a year or two ago. I didnt pick a female doc, i went to a clinic and there she was. Not the most pleasant day i ever put down. But i got the all clear.

I dont know what to do. Can i just book in with a GP over something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I dont know what to do. Can i just book in with a GP over something like this?
    You can talk to your GP about anything and as this seems to be playing on your mind, you should make an appointment as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

OP this exact problem is very common in GPs surgeries, just so you know. Don't rely on message boards for your peace of mind.

Pop along, and you'll be the 3rd or 4th bloke he's seen that week with it.

Unless you're his first patient on a monday morning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Don't rely on message boards for your peace of mind.

Best advice ever! Seriously, get another GP to look at it for you. Also, a lot of guys don't seem to clean under their foreskin properly and this can lead to a build up of smegma over time. Perhaps it's not peeling skin at all, just smegma coming loose. If in doubt, visit your GP and if it's not stressing you too much perhaps you could wait until this 'peeling' starts again before seeing the GP.

Advertisement