Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO hits wind turbine!

Options
  • 08-01-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

I love The Sun! Sure it will be an interesting story until they discover what hit it (though they wont write a follow up) but the photoshop job of adding in E.T. will stay with me forever :D
    A WIND turbine stood wrecked yesterday with one of its giant 65ft blades torn off — after it was hit by a UFO.

Locals were woken by the 4am smash after strange lights were spotted streaking towards the 290ft-tall generator on a wind farm.

Baffled power chiefs said of the smash in Conisholme, Lincs: “We have a team investigating.” There was no trace of the missing blade. A UFO expert said: “We are very excited.”

A woman motorist told how she saw a UFO zoom towards the wind farm and strike the 290ft turbine.

More HERE.

And now for some photos:

SNN0805GX1_280_701978a.jpgTurbine_380x560_702105a.jpg

Comments

THis happened before years ago in a small town in America. There is still a small grave were the body of a small person was buried .

http://www.ufocasebook.com/Aurora.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

As much as I love the thought of UFO's and firmly believe that we are not alone, I can't see an intergalalic spacecraft capable of travelling god knows how many millions of lights years coming all this way and then hitting a 290ft wind turbine!! Hope I'm wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

vulcan57 wrote: »
    As much as I love the thought of UFO's and firmly believe that we are not alone, I can't see an intergalalic spacecraft capable of travelling god knows how many millions of lights years coming all this way and then hitting a 290ft wind turbine!! Hope I'm wrong though!
    im with you on that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sure we're all human, we all make mistakes... Actually wait, yeah.

They sent one of the oars/wings(?) of the turbine to Germany for testing.

Probably a fault with the turbine which caused a light show and the subsequent damage.

Story was on SkyNews too.

vulcan57 wrote: »

I have been walking for 28 years, what are the chances of me tripping and falling in my life time .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

Isnt one of the blades missing too? their big bloody things to just dissappear! Im sure aliens could make mistakes driving too :D

Although i wouldnt read or believe anything out of a those rag tabloids this is pretty weird...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IigTXi17KfA

Who's to say its alien anyway . The uk probably test flying something .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Although i wouldnt read or believe anything out of a those rag tabloids this is pretty weird...
    Aliens damage wind turbine ? / ITN news

Indeed, best getting it from a reliable source .

http://itn.co.uk/news/a202d46157494e...5760ba32e.html.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

edit, Blade is not missing,the tabloids probably made that one up,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otiq-ucgURk

England seems to be the new hotspot for strange sightings lately, its good though, Believers were kinda getting stereotyped as crazy loons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

I have been walking for 28 years, what are the chances of me tripping and falling in my life time .

Aaah, but you don't have superhuman navigation!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

UPDATE: Nick Pope on tentacled wind turbine UFO - a secret Russian connection?

By Gemma Gadd

LOUTH has become a hotspot for UFO activity according to the UK's leading expert on the subject.
    On Tuesday the Leader broke the story about speculation the destruction of a local wind turbine was caused by UFOs. Since then the story has gone global – leading to a number of theories on what could have caused the damage.

We spoke to Nick Pope, who worked on the Ministry of Defence's 'UFO desk' in the 1990s.

Now a renowned author and TV personality on the subject, Mr Pope told us: "This case is particularly exciting as we usually just get eyewitness reports or a few grainy images of lights in the sky, but here we can physically see the effects, which gives us a tremendous opportunity to do forensic analysis of the turbine blades."

With analysis of the blades, Mr Pope suggested the Conisholme case could have the potential to finally provide answers to the worldwide UFO mystery.

A spokesperson for Ecotricity, which runs the wind farm at Conisholme, Louth said the wind turbines have equipment which registers things like unusual vibrations that can be examined as part of their investigation into what happened. Today they have confirmed that the 'missing' blade has been found on the ground at the site.

Mr Pope said: "This of course, raises another question – are the right people doing the investigation into this? I think the police should be involved and cordon off the site and launch a detailed search and sweep of the area. They could bring in metal detectors to search for debris from the blades.

Best-selling UFO author Timothy Good told us he believes there may be an element of hostility involved: "I am aware of many disturbing cases involving harassment of terrestrial aircraft by UFOs - and this damage to the wind turbine does seem purposeful."

The Conisholme case is one of several UFO stories broken by the Leader in the last six months. In August last year we received numerous reports from local residents who claimed to have seen strange orange lights over the area. Then in October we were visited by a man called Eric Goring from Brinkhill who said he has been witnessing triangular alien craft regularly near his home. Only just last month, we reported on a mysterious explosion and aircraft activity seen over the skies of Mablethorpe.

Nick Pope said: "Looking at the geography of the Louth area, taking in the coast, it is always possible some people could be seeing secret Russian reconnaissance aircraft, perhaps even unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). The Russians could have a new secret craft which they are using to probe at our defences so I think we should be looking into this, and the MOD should be involved."

On Louth becoming a hotspot for UFO activity, Mr Pope explained: "Areas of the country can suddenly become hotspots although there is no logical reason for this. Often it is because people don't report what they have seen for fear of ridicule and disbelief, but once somebody gets the ball rolling and the media pick up on it, this makes other people less afraid to come forward."

He added: "My view is something big must have hit the wind turbine to cause that damage and it appears in this case that the UFO witnesses are very respectable, and clearly not people who are making this up."

* Did you see the tentacle UFO? contact gemma.gadd@jpress.co.uk

Article Found Here: http://www.louthleader.co.uk/news/UPDATE-Nick-Pope-on-tentacle.4858...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

Yes it was a UFO........Fatigue would be my answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

vulcan57 wrote:
    You never know, think off the amount of time, money and brains that earth's smartest people put into space exploration to make a mistake and lose 10 years of work by a probe not responding or crash on landing.;)

Ah the tabloids up to there usual stuff! It was prob. an aircraft and the blade got stuck in the aircraft or something along those lines, a 'Hit and Run', they just didn't want to be caught and pay a massive repair bill!:p

Ziycon wrote: »
    It was prob. an aircraft and the blade got stuck in the aircraft or something along those lines, a 'Hit and Run', they just didn't want to be caught and pay a massive repair bill!:p

A hit to an Aircraft of any size with a wind turbine propellor would result in catastrophic disaster for the aircraft and most likely death for the Aircraft's crew.

A hit to an Aircraft of any size with a wind turbine propellor would result in catastrophic disaster for the aircraft and most likely death for the Aircraft's crew.
    I see, that's interesting to know, I'm curious as to what the investigation come team up with then.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Ziycon wrote: »
    I see, that's interesting to know, I'm curious as to what the investigation come team up with then.
    is there any news on this investigation!? or does it take long!?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

jonbravo wrote: »

They're hiding the results from the public. ;)

dsmythy wrote: »
    They're hiding the results from the public. ;)

yeah or its going to be a swamp gas senario.

I bet it was a strong wind .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

sounds like the aliens had too much Romulan Ale before getting behind the wheel

On some uk sites they are saying that it is structural failure but some are also saying that it could have been an RAF UAV but either way it was of terrestrial origin.

• Advertisement

jonbravo wrote: »
    As AircraftTechie said a few sites are saying that it is structural failure but some are also saying that it could have been an RAF UAV. Depending on what cause it they may not release their findings to the public but it was of terrestrial origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

UAV ftw

Turns out that it was 'material failure' that caused the turbine to break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

"A 65 ft blade that flew off the turbine came loose after bolts attaching it to the hub failed, not because of a collision, examination of the components has revealed. "

Link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4578998/UFO-wind-turbine-broke-due-to-mechanical-failure-not-collision-with-flying-object.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

makes alot more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Do you mean to imply that alien spacecraft fly within the vicinity of windturbines are frequently as you take steps?

Advertisement