Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you order a copy of a show from rte archives?

Options
  • 08-01-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

is it possible to order a copy of a show from the rte archives. its a expose done by cathal o'shannon back i the 60's. would rte entertain such a request or would i politly be told to F off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

More than likely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ya wont get it. My mother wanted a programme a few years back and they wouldnt send it on for copyright reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

would love to get a few old soccer games from world cups, irish games from euro 88 etc...esp Jimmy Magee describing Maradonas goal in 1986....

"Enrique to Maradona.....different class....DIFFERENT CLASS..."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ya wont get it. My mother wanted a programme a few years back and they wouldnt send it on for copyright reasons.

Yeah even though we pay for their existence...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Usually you should be able to get it unless there is a specific copyright reason. But they are quite expensive.

The other thing you can do is to find out if a production company was commissioned to make whatever programme that you want to get and contact them directly as they own the copyright. Obviously they will charge too but it might be easier than going through the RTE library.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Slightly off-topic, RTE seem to be coming very late to the idea of selling their old shows on DVD. Someone on here was asking a couple of months ago about Hands. Now there's a show that would do nicely for the Christmas market if they didn't stick a high price on it. It'd be a nice stocking filler, the sort of thing I'd love to get for my dad.

Advertisement