Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion regarding contracts

Options
  • 08-01-2009 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

In respect with the charter, I am not looking for advice but merely the opinions of those who may know better than myself and could guide me in the right idea before I tackle my problem.

I'll try keep this brief. I'm in the middle of a dispute with a mobile service provider over signal issues. I wont name them. This dispute has been going on for several months and I've exhausted all means of communication including Emails, Phone calls, and letters. All of which were logged and names taken.
    I'm stuck in a contract with this crowd.

Basically I want to break off this contract due to the dispute which has been promised to be rectified several times and has yet to be accomplished. Do I have any grounds to stand on?
    Thanks

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Relatively good ground. If your contract is new i.e., within 28 days then it's clear.

A lot of these problems are arising in areas of the city where HSDPA signal is weak or there are issues with calls dropping from dodgy GSM base stations.

I'd consider going to a new service provider and availing of porting to a new service.

The small claims route is one also worth considering.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

See the problem is a lot of operators cannot get an adequate signal in my estate. I don't understand it because 100meters away from all the houses is perfect coverage but thats not for discussion.

The contract is now entering month 7 but have been a customer on pre-pay for longer.
    I'd rather avoid small claims court. Not looking for compensation or anything else just simply to be able to make calls without sounding like a relationship "your breaking up! your breaking up hold on!" :)

Thanks for the sound advice. I shall ring their customer care centre tomorrow on my lunch and give them a final notice of their duties.

Should I consult a solicitor for advice on this? ie; if the network get into little details..

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

It would be advisable, but see how you go. If the Customer Care agent doesn't handle it properly then ask for a supervisor. Ultimately they are not furnishing the service as sold. You'd want to see whether there is some reason why the signal is being duff in your area. I've heard a few people with similar complaints.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

A lot of people in my estate including friends or visitors don't know how I've tolerated it.
    In my most recent email from the network regarding a complaint I got the typical scripted response I will get on the phone tomorrow. A quick read over the terms and conditions shows they cannot guarantee coverage but thats rubbish considering the nature of it.
    Below is the standard response :rolleyes:
    Thanks again for the advice I will update tomorrow as to what they say.
    Dear X,

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with the X network.

In order for me to assist you in identifying and resolving your problems, can I ask you to please forward me the answers to the following questions:

* When did the problem first start
    * The nature of the problems e.g. inability to able or receive calls, bad quality of call, call dropping during conversation, failure when sending SMS's
    * What specific locations do you experience network coverage issues in, including whether you are indoors or outdoors at the time
    * How many signal bars does your handset display when you have problems
    * Do you experience the same problems when you put your SIM card into another Meteor handset? If you have not tried this can you please do so *
    * Do you experience the same problems when you put a different X SIM card your handset? If you have not tried this can you please do so *
    * How far away from the affected area do you need to travel before coverage returns?
    * What error message do you receive when you try to make calls or send text messages?
    * Are there other X customers in the area with the same issue?
    * Driving Directions down to street level.
    * Does the issue affect indoor and outdoor coverage?

* If you are not in a position to trial another X SIM or handset, you can drop into any of our X retail stores and they will be happy to assist you. A list of our stores can be found at X

Once I have received this information I will investigate further and if necessary, will escalate to our technical support team. You can also contact the customer care team on X if you would rather go through any of the above by phone.

I appreciate your patience in this matter and hope that we will be able to resolve this issue shortly and you can return to full usage of the * network.

Contact us with any further queries on free phone or info@ie

Regards,

Customer Care Department

Phone :
    Email :

Advertisement