Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrics

Options
  • 08-01-2009 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I need some electrical work carried out on my van a 1995 Mobilvetta Euro Yacht. Had intermittent problem during summer, when the test button on the panel was pressed the entire 12 v system would go off then come back in a few seconds. Have not had much opportunity to use the van since (long story) but it seems the system has decided to retire permanently now.I have checked anything obvious fuses, connections etc. but nothing obviously wrong so time to splash out and get a pro to work their magic. Am in Dublin and am looking for someone to sort it out. Any recomendations on where I might find someone to carry out this work would be greatly appreaciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

No idea on recomendations Im afraid but one question that springs to mind is "what state are your leasure batterie(s) in"......are they relatively new or are they well past their sell by date?? If you were mainly working of mains supply and only tested your batteries when they when you disconnected, I would assume that it is possible that they were so dead that it would cause the 12V system to shut down when you pushed the test button.

Have you put a volt meter accross the batteries?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 48 merc camper

I maybe able to have a look at it for you am based in south Dublin. I have converted my own van and am an engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Sounds like a battery problem, test before you spend money. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I maybe able to have a look at it for you am based in south Dublin. I have converted my own van and am an engineer.

Hi Malta1
    Thanks for the offer might take you up on that. In the meen time I can borrow a pair of leisure batteries from a friend and see if that wakes her up, could be the problem. I will let ya know how it goes. Thanks again

Rusty

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

RustyNut wrote: »
    Hi Malta1
    Thanks for the offer might take you up on that

Rusty

To be fair, it was Merc Camper that offered assistance......I only offered a possible suggestion :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement