Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS-156 visa form (Non-Visa Waiver travel to the US)

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Myself and the girlfriend want to go the the states for 10 days to disney. She is polish and has to get a visa. The form is ok to fill in except she is not currently working and i don't know what to fill in.
    Also she has to get a letter from job to prove she will come back or something else to prove she will come back. I have no idea what else she should use for this.
    We are living together the last 5 months or so.

Want to book flights but am afraid she will not get the visa.
    Does anyone know if they are hard to get or is there anyone who has experienced problems in the past with application or refusal??

Would I be crazy to book the flights now they are cheap and run the risk she will not get the visa??

Please help

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Juran

I got a visa a number of years ago for the US (same as your girlfriend needs a B1/B2 visa)
    I had to bring with me to the interview at the embassey:
    1. Employer's letter to state my postion, how long i worked there and my salary.
    2. Bank Statement & Savings account statement
    3. my mortgage statment to show I had a house in Ireland

I did get it but i saw a few people being refused that day for unsufficient evidence of the above ... and most of these people were Irish ...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Hi fridge

just wondering what you decided to do about the visa, I'm in the same situation myself except its my husband that I need to get the visa for. Did you do anything about applying??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fergal303

The online form for Vias to US applicants is extremely flakey an crashes consistantly.... We went to us embassy in d4 without having completed the online form and were told that this was not a problem. They know that the online system is crap so they just give u a parer form instead to fillout. That's it.

:D

Advertisement