Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silvie

Options
  • 07-01-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi there im on the fifth day of takeing champix i used to smoke sixthy a day and now im only on eight:) happy days so far the only bad thing i have is feeling sick hope it lasts ive tried every ting to stop does any one no when the sick feelin goes away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

silvie wrote: »
    hi there im on the fifth day of takeing champix i used to smoke sixthy a day and now im only on eight:) happy days so far the only bad thing i have is feeling sick hope it lasts ive tried every ting to stop does any one no when the sick feelin goes away

I don't remember ever really feeling sick. I mean, the cravings at times were awful and would make me very anxious and I'd feel a bit nauseous with it. I coughed up a lot of crap in the first few weeks too...but it was all worth it. I went cold turkey so I don't know much about using Champix though. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

For me, the sick feeling lasted 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly. But I found I didn't get the sick feeling if I took the tablet with a meal. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Like any drug, it's going to have different effects on everyone.

If it gets too bad go and see a doctor. S/he might be able to prescribe something else.

Advertisement