Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptopsdirect - lenovo

Options
  • 07-01-2009 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

A Lenovo N500 laptop, 2GB Ram, 2Ghz dual core Intel chip, 250GB hard drive, Bluetooth, webcam, DVD-write.

400 snots with delivery.

http://tinyurl.com/8hmnaw

Just ordered one, brother needs a laptop. What a deal, this recession is unreal!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Even has the newest Intel X4500, with HD decoding. Definitely an awesome bargain for that spec of a Lenovo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ah cock! Just bought two laptops for people and this is miles better for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Nukem wrote: »
    Ah cock! Just bought two laptops for people and this is miles better for that price

If yea bought them online yea will can return them once its within a certain amount of days :) distance selling law thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/HP_Compaq_Business_Notebook_6730s_KU438ET-ABU/version.asp

I was about to buy this for someone but this offer makes me think again. What you think is better ignoreing price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

if mobile says the graphics is good I'm buyin one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

zod wrote: »
    if mobile says the graphics is good I'm buyin one!

Zod, From the online reviews that I have seen, the gfx is on a par with low end dedicated gfx from about a year ago.
    pauly3 wrote: »
    As of this morning.

Delivery from laptopdirect(incl shipping) €402.41

Delivery from Dabs.ie(incl shipping) €415.68

Can anyone lend me 400 quid! Really love to pick one up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I never meant it was a good gaming card, but it is very good for the price of the laptop. It supports hardware HD de-coding. And incidentally is about the same speed as something like the Nvidia Go7300.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

AH FFS I bought this for me ma last week from sound store in Cork for €500.

Still tho, she's very happy with it and it's a grand machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

This does look like a great find. The one thing I notice in the specs is that it can only have a max of 3GB RAM.

Vista, on some friends computers, is functional with 2GB, so I'm thinking after using the computer for a year or two it would be good to upgrade the RAM to 4GB.

How would you rate that concern?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

u never really get 4 and it's not a gaming laptop. so the difference in performance of an office laptop running between 3GB and circa 3.75GB is small enough (imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

Hi all,

Which of these 2 Lenovo's do you think is the better buy?

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Lenovo_3000_N500_Laptops/prod.asp

There is not much it in price wise, so at this moment in time I'm kind of swaying towards the cheaper one because it has 3GB of RAM.

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

hmm.. if you buy from them, you might be on this part of the forum next... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59265442#post59265442 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

what games is this slab likely to run?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

hmm.. if you buy from them, you might be on this part of the forum next... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59265442#post59265442 :P

Thanks, ya I'll give them a skip I think.

I remember hearing a few bad things about directtvs awhile back actually, so was in 2 minds about making a purchase from these guys, so that link backs up what I initially heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

How are Lenovo with drivers for XP, any idea if there are XP compatible drivers for this particular laptop?

My Mum bought a HP laptop and there's no XP support. The drivers refuse to install on XP, nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Just use windows 7 much much better. Think Vista is going to end up like windows ME

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Amalgam wrote: »
    How are Lenovo with drivers for XP, any idea if there are XP compatible drivers for this particular laptop?

My Mum bought a HP laptop and there's no XP support. The drivers refuse to install on XP, nightmare.
    Eh... get the generic drivers. Wait, you're not trying to load the Vista drivers on XP? You have googled the motherboard type for XP drivers, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

the_syco, not wanting to sidetrack the thread, there are no XP drivers.. at all, for half the hardware.

XP is not supported officially by HP for this run of models, you need to kludge dated drivers from other laptops and do a fair bit of registry jiggery-pokery.

General: HP Pavilion dv9700 Specific: HP Pavilion dv9910us

• Advertisement
Advertisement