Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Satellite signal for ITV 1-4 & all Channel 4 stations on Free To Air

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Is anyone else experiencing no satellite signal to ITV 1-4 and all the Channel 4stations presently? It's been down since yesterday, I live on the Meath coast. Has anyone any idea what is wrong??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Cuchulain

I can get them fine.

Are these on your Sky box?
    Have you tried to retune them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raykee76

Yes, I tried retuning them (on my Sky box) but they are still coming up with no satellite signal being received, they haven't changed frequency have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 raykee76

raykee76 wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing no satellite signal to ITV 1-4 and all the Channel 4stations presently? It's been down since yesterday, I live on the Meath coast. Has anyone any idea what is wrong??

Further to my previous post, I am actually receiving no satellite signal for about half of the stations we normally receive, including those mentioned above & all the music channels etc Still receiving BBC stations no problem though!:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Cuchulain

Your dish may need to be fine tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sounds like an LNB or PSU fault.
    13V vs 18V and 22kHz on vs 22kHz off select FOUR different "banks" of channels on the LNB at the dish.

I've seen both faulty LNB or faulty Sat box cause this. A noise PSU on set box made LNB think 22kHz was always on, so 1/2 channels missing.
    If the H/V switch in LNB fails (13V & 18V) or one of the two Local Oscilators in LNB fails (22kHz on = 10.6, off = 9.75) then you lose 1/2 the channels.

I've never seen both faults at once (1/4 channels only).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭P&L

Same problem here (East Meath too)

Advertisement