Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVG Version 8

Options
  • 06-01-2009 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi

Had version 7 for a year and was very happy with it, easy to use no issues. Version 8 is a right pain though. It seems to change its firewall settings itself for no reason, crashes regularly, when i open the menu- clicking on the individual settings always causes it to crash and I'm concerned that its not protecting my PC.

Anyone else have any issues with it-should i remove it and re-install? Their customer services is pants. 3 emails sent and no replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

just remove it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Just to note, 8 doesn't remove correctly either. You'll need to get a removal tool to completely remove it from somewhere on their website

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yeah remove it and install Avira AntiVir or Avast, both free excellent alternatives, AVG 8 is junk :(

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭zap27

so do you think its crap compared to AVG 7 or just crap! I used to have Norton and i know nothing about viruses etc but i just hated the user unfriendliness of it, and AVG7 was just great because i found it easy to use-it could be hopeless at protecting the PC for all i know.

So you really believe a free product like the ones you mention will do a better job than something you pay for (which i did-for 2 years:eek:)?

Advertisement