Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out sick leave need advice

Options
  • 06-01-2009 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Ok here goes rant. I have been sick a number of days this year already and have obtained med cert when needed. I have to ring up the principal tomorrow cause have been very unwell over xmas break and will not to be fit to come in due to ongoing illness again hav med cert. Just wonderin what is norm for days off and do u think this reflects badly on me. Only started in this school this year and wit job cuts etc in jan could being sick alot affect my chances. I will not be in at all this week as can hardly move. Not lookin for symp just wot views anyone else has. Just want the princ to think im pullin sickies or somethin. Anyone else exp similar situation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Did you disclose the medical condition when taking the job is one issue that would concern me. Its probably worse if its a secondary school and you have exam classes.

That said - its public service and if you feel hard done buy you will speak to your unionrep.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, here goes my rant - please refrain from posting in txt speak. This is not Bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

It was hardly the worst example ever Tom...To be honest I didnt even notice and I consider myself a grammar Nazi...then again I have just woken up after way too little sleep.
    Oh and OP to answer your question it all depends on the principal...as in other walks of life you get sound and fair bosses and you get (Insert appropriate abusive term here).You know him/her best.
    There are posts on other boards about parents and principals holding a grudge against teachers for getting pregnant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I actually think it was probably the worst example ever. I hate when adults use text speak. What the hell is a princ?

As has been said it depends on the principal. I was told by numerous people, including the vice-principal, that school is the last place you need to be when you are sick. Is the principal that type of person?

Honestly, I wouldn't even take this into consideration. You are sick, and your health comes before everything else.

Advertisement