Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slendertone in Tesco

Options
  • 06-01-2009 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭

Slendertone total body massage was E99.99 now E49.99
    Slendertone Active Female/male was E149.99 now E74.99

Not sure if this offer is in all stores but there was loads in the CarrickonShannon branch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Here's a better bargain alert. Situps are free and they work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Sangre wrote: »
    Here's a better bargain alert. Situps are free and they work better.

Most people do them wrong.. and also it's a lot more work.

Although I'm skeptical to whether those slendertone things work, but that is very cheap for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Aldi have their own version available for €16.99. I know nothing about either but worth reviewing - Aldi health + Ab Gym Belt

• Registered Users Posts: 32,380 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

These devices do their job fairly well- their real job being to stop muscles wasting away in comatose and bed ridden patients in hospitals, though in hospitals they have better ones.

The people in the abs did not get that way using them. If you are into S&M they might be useful, as they just really give you electric shocks.

I wouldnt bother with situps either. Get a chinup bar in argos for €11 and do knee and leg raises. Get a set of weights and do front squats which will work your abs (and entire body) more than these electrocution machines.

www.simplefit.org

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

that aldi one is a great deal can anyone say thats its worth getting in any way? ive only heard negative things about those belts has anyone ever got results???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

madma wrote: »
    that aldi one is a great deal can anyone say thats its worth getting in any way? ive only heard negative things about those belts has anyone ever got results???
    I've used them on and off again over the years and i've found that if you use them constantly for a period (say 1 month or so) it definitely hardens/tones your stomach muscles.
    I'd have them turned up nearly max so i usually only use them in bed (goes down well with the other half!!) ;-)

would definitaly go with the slendertone ones as they worked the best for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

madma wrote: »

I used a slendertone before aswell. Used it very regularly. Each session was like 40mins or something. so i used to just throw it on and lie down on my bed and watch tv while it was doing its thing. As ninjasurfer1 said I felt it did tone/harden my abs.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

They do work... Most people quit because they are lazy and are looking for an easy way out. It's kind of uncomfortable (but shouldn't hurt), so that's why most quit.

TBH, the Aldi one is not great. I'm told it's better for larger people due to the fit, but dunno.

All I know is that the Slendertones are the known good brand, so I'd trust that one.

Would you trust cheap unknown brand condoms? I wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

haha good point...
    yeah the slendertones seem to be the best around will probaly pick one up, if i did i defo sick to it and use every day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I went in today to the Tesco in mahon point in cork and they just had this full body massage one. Dunno if that would be the same as the sport one i had before

• Advertisement
Advertisement