Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First ever C&C

Options
  • 06-01-2009 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi, i bought a Canon 450D last week. Its my first "real" camera. Here are a few of my pics iv taken so far. I know the night shots are quite blurry but I like them.
    3171721375_8b2d68ca91.jpg?v=0

3172541336_f945a575d2.jpg?v=0

3171827631_8cfcea2633.jpg

3172516906_a6642d1eff.jpg?v=0

3172492136_ca5dae0e58.jpg?v=0

3171636895_0bc3f17840.jpg?v=0

3172464170_3a372efbdc.jpg?v=0

Let me know what you think. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Will you out the photos up, rather than having us go through your flickr.

Just put the image tag before and after ...

Sorry, it just really annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Yeh its annoys me too. When I use the image tags the photos dont show up. Any idea what im doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34114357@N08/3172533300/sizes/m/

This, while obvious in its failings is the stand out for meits a shame there is a shadow created at the bottome of the frame as the (Car lights?) give a nice eery effect.
    Remember....you'll need a tripod for nightime shoots like this also!

(I also like the one of the gun)

As for the image posting, if you click on All Sizes on the photo page, go to the medium size and scroll down, youll get the link to wrap the image tags around.

Thanks that my favourite too. And your right about the car lights. I was using the car roof as a place to rest my camera.

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    Thanks that my favourite too. And your right about the car lights. I was using the car roof as a place to rest my camera.

hmmm maybe resting it on the bonnet somehow (propping the front end up to get rid of the slope) would have missed out the shadow?

• Advertisement

Your probably right. I just cropped some of the shadow out and it looks a bit better

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    Your probably right. I just cropped some of the shadow out and it looks a bit better

Thats the fun of photography dude, its never perfect........ :D

Keep on shooting and youll keep finding things you like and dislike about everything you do, it never ends!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I really like the Kopparberg one. Maybe cos I really like Kopparberg :P

Nice kinda homey wintery night-in-with-friendsy feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

1st car one I like alot. Very original. 2nd one is good also but a weeee bit on the blurry side.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I really like the second one actually.... its different

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Is that your dog? Great stunt-double for a hyena!

I like #2. You look like you have the basics of night photography and low light to a good extent. Get a cheapy Velbon tripod or a small beanbag full of rice to help stablise your shots more.

Good work. Happy shooting.

Thanks Howitzer. No its not my dog but I thought the same thing when I saw it. Well not that it could be a stunt double but that it looked like a hyena:)

Advertisement