Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surviving Gazza

Options
  • 06-01-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Anybody watching?

That kid Regan has an old head on young shoulders. I think he'll end up ok, unlike the older son who seems to have more problems with the situation.

Gazza is a scumbag imo. Through and through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Heartbreaking stuff especially for the oldest son. The youngest son or "the little soft sod" as he was referred too by some twat on the soccer forum clearly has suffered awfully from the excesses of his father resulting in him being fairly clearly emotionally stunted.

I question why it was made however, and who would benefit or what the goal was... I wonder if Gazza himself was watching/made watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Yeah I'm not sure why it all had to happen on camera. But that seems to be the nature of things now. If it wasn't filmed, it didn't really happen or count.

However, if it helped the family walk away from that selfish disaster of a 'man', then some good has come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The family was on 'This Morning' talking about it. It was Gazza himself who first suggested doing the doco. The family went along with it thinking it would some way help him and the family.

Was a very sad interview. The youngest boy saying he didn't care if he saw his dad again or not. He never spent more than 2 days with him to get to know him. The older boy and girl seemed much more affected by it.

His wife looked a wreck and seemed completely heartbroken by it all. 'This Morning' tried to contact Gazza but couldn't get hold of him. The family were not surprised by this.

(I didn't get to see the documentary though :( )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If they were on This Morning talking about it aswell as doing the documentary, they've gone even further down in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think the whole point of them going on This Morning was to get the point across they weren't doing it for the money, they aren't getting anything out of it. All the talk about exclusives in the tabloids were false, that the interview was the only one they were doing.

They did all look heartbroken tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Had it on here but wasnt watching ( had headphones on listening to music ) Nerver was a Gazza fan and it's his family I feel for . Hate to make comparisions but he seems hell bent on self destruction like G Best .

Is he past the point of rescue ? .I dont know and I hope for his and familys sake not .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

latchyco wrote: »
    Hate to make comparisions but he seems hell bent on self destruction like G Best .

IMO he is nothing like George Best apart for maybe in footballing terms that they had a similar style of play. Gazza is simply a scumbag and even as a OTT spurs fan I have zero time for the man since his behaviour at the old firm game a few years ago.

I would of course feel for his family and I'd never wish harm on anyone but its hard for me anyway to feel any sympathy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

When will Israelis pull out of Gazza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Gordon wrote: »
    When will Israelis pull out of Gazza?
    You can buy the Gazza strip on Ebay .

It was that tackle he made on gary charles in the fa cup final which was the defining moement .He was, imo never the same player again and went from one embarresing incident to another, like a drunken relative who shows up at family reuions but you would rather he didnt .He was also an emmbarresment for England but the English are good at suffering fools gladly .I can understand the pressures of fame in any of the fame game buisness but you only get so much advice and help and he hasnt helped by surrounding himself with the wrong people .
    ziedth wrote: »
    IMO he is nothing like George Best apart for maybe in footballing terms that they had a similar style of play. Gazza is simply a scumbag and even as a OTT spurs fan I have zero time for the man since his behaviour at the old firm game a few years ago.

I would of course feel for his family and I'd never wish harm on anyone but its hard for me anyway to feel any sympathy for him.
    George best was far more intelligent the Gazza and the only things they had in common was football ,alcohol and the self destruct button .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

ziedth wrote: »
    I have zero time for the man since his behaviour at the old firm game a few years ago.

why what did he do?

Advertisement