Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Victory Road: Sengoku Rebellion 2009 Results SPOLIERS

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:45pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭


    1st non-ufc event of the new year, all good so far watched 4 of the matches.
    Never realised this was run by Zuffa




    Results:
    Light heavyweight bout: Hidetada Irie vs. Minoru Kato
    Irie defeated Kato via TKO (punches) at 4:21 of round 2.

    Lightweight bout: Maximo Blanco vs. Seigo Inoue
    Blanco defeated Inoue via KO (stomps) at 0:38 of round 1.

    Heavyweight bout: Dave Herman vs. Choi Mu Bae
    Bae defeated Herman via TKO (punches) at 2:22 of round 2.

    Lightweight bout: Sergey Golyaev vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
    Mitsuoka defeated Golyaev via submission (armbar) at 4:22 of round 1.

    Heavyweight bout: Antonio Silva vs. Yoshihiro Nakao
    Silva defeated Nakao via TKO (injury) at 1:42 of round 1.

    Light heavyweight bout: Muhammed Lawal vs. Yukiya Naito
    Lawal defeated Naito via TKO (punches) at 3:54 of round 1.

    Light heavyweight bout: Sanae Kikuta vs. Hidehiko Yoshida
    Kikuta defeated Yoshida via split decision.

    Middleweight Championship bout: Kazuo Misaki vs. Jorge Santiago
    Santiago defeated Misaki via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:26 of round 5 to become the new Sengoku Middleweight champion.

    Lightweight Championship bout: Takanori Gomi vs. Satoru Kitaoka
    Kitaoka defeated Gomi via submission (achilles lock) at 1:41 of round 1 to become the new Sengoku Lightweight champion.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy


    calex71 wrote: »
    1st non-ufc event of the new year, all good so far watched 4 of the matches.
    Never realised this was run by Zuffa

    :confused: It's not

    Satoshi Ishii was at the show in a UFC t-shirt though, does that have something to do with what you said?


  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter


    Fozzy wrote: »
    :confused: It's not

    Satoshi Ishii was at the show in a UFC t-shirt though, does that have something to do with what you said?

    Anyone know what he said?I dont know Japanese


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71


    Fozzy wrote: »
    :confused: It's not

    Satoshi Ishii was at the show in a UFC t-shirt though, does that have something to do with what you said?

    yes that one was probably lost on every one but me :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy


    Anyone know what he said?I dont know Japanese

    He said that he's an MMA fighter and that he wants to fight Asashōryū Akinori in Sengoku some day

    That's the same sumo wrestler who K-1 tried to book vs Cro Cop for the New Year's Eve show

    EDIT: Ishii in a UFC t-shirt doesn't really mean anything, by the way. It's been a long-standing move in Japan in pro wrestling and more recently in MMA to claim that a guy is attracting interest from an American company to boost his profile in Japan. Although the UFC are genuinely interested in Ishii, he could just be leading them on to gain credit in Japan when he signs for a Japanese company


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71


    Fozzy wrote: »
    He said that he's an MMA fighter and that he wants to fight Asashōryū Akinori in Sengoku some day

    That's the same sumo wrestler who K-1 tried to book vs Cro Cop for the New Year's Eve show

    EDIT: Ishii in a UFC t-shirt doesn't really mean anything, by the way. It's been a long-standing move in Japan in pro wrestling and more recently in MMA to claim that a guy is attracting interest from an American company to boost his profile in Japan. Although the UFC are genuinely interested in Ishii, he could just be leading them on to gain credit in Japan when he signs for a Japanese company

    You have a point there indeed, wasnt Ishii supposed to fight at dynamite? guess it didnt happen.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares


    Just saw a couple of the fights there.

    Loved the Yoshida fight, nothing better than two judo guys bashing each other. Yoshida face planted Kikuta only to have his back taken immediately.

    Mo Lawal looks like another sokoudjou, big, black, team quest and a great punch.

    Bigfoot looked impressive again, although I don't know what to say about his opponent. He moves very well for a big man, perhaps a fight with Schilt in the future?


Advertisement