Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

It's the 2nd link you copy and paste, thats the html one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ainenic

Retry - am a twit.

26724AC302884134A62F60050E9B699F-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

is this saint stephens green?

Herbert Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Very nice but would rather the 2 people were closer to camera to complete the picture, just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Looks like possibly the peoples park, looks very similar to where I had my communion photos taken.

Now I hope you dont mind me saying it is just a bit too busy for me, I just dont wuite see what you were aiming for so a little info there may change it completely, maybe you were looking for a curtain effect if so I would go with more contrast and see how it goes.

I like the idea of the 2 people but and I am serious here her clothes are not helping!
    Would like to see some more vibrancy/saturation...experiment more with post processing.
    Did you do any on this?
    Not mad on the tone of water either, was picture taken in automatic or manual?

i was looking for a curtain effect. Took it on AV. Barely processed cause I don't know how to do it, but took it in RAW. Thanks for all comments - they are always very helpful.

To be fair the picture viewed on very large makes it a lot better.
    PP I find is prob more important to landscape shots than any other style of shot I find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

its an ok pic to be honest. It may be a personal preference but I think the overhanging tree is a bit much yet I think the concept is good and what you are presently looking out for is obviously good - just i think the tree overdoes it somewhat.

You might have been better in terms of the composition allowing only a portion of the image to be obscured - left 1/4 or right 1/4 maybe.

Your image is quite bright - nothing in itself wrong with that but you might get a bit more mood / atmosphere by reducing the brightness a tad.

Again I like your concept - I like the strong line of the edge of the pond / lake running across the right hand side 1/3 of the image.

One other suggestion would be to have a more shallow depth of field which will yield a nice bokeh - this meaning that you could for instance have the area beyond the foreground tree in a nice bokeh haze which would include your walkers on the right hand side. This will be a little difficult to control in aperture settings given the time of day (brightness already mentioned).

One thing that might have worked for you would have been a shoot from a lower angle which would have brought the frame *more* under the overhanging trees. Dont be afraid to take multiple takes - shoot high, shoot middle, shoot low - at least until you get more familiar with what you will actually want to see coming through to your final image.

You are certainly getting there. Stick with it - you are going fine. You'll really enjoy the DCC course. Good luck with it.

Animal Rights, her clothes are most unfortunate:).

They just clash so badly with the green! :o

An Cat Dubh, thanks for your comments. I appreciate them.

Advertisement