Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need advice on a sound system

Options
  • 05-01-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I want to get a powerful sound system. I don't want a built in radio,cd etc. nothing. I just want it to connect to my iPod,PS3, TV or PC. It must be loud!

Any suggestions?

Keep it under €150 please :D:D:D:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

What is your idea of loud though?

I guarantee that what is loud to you won't be loud to me. Or what might be loud to you would be excruciating to another poster. Perception of volume is unique to each individual.

If you can give a bit more detail we could suggest something suitable. What are your intended purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

eh...i thought that but gauging can be hard. it might be asking alot but something that would vibrate the floor with the bass.but still be clear.

i used to have a 300watt stereo, it was quality but i'd like louder than that again.gave it to my cousin for a week or two. he blew the amp in it.

then i got this piece of brown stuff philips 100w rms....yeah...im bringing it back. cost me a 150.

and my percetion of loud is when the sound vibrates my ribcage.
    concert stlye.

but i think thats illegal in residential areas...something to do with breaking windows.

So you'll be wanting a €100,000 PA system and a €60,000 soundproofed room?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Yea, if you're looking for that much power check out http://www.meyersound.com/
    You'll need a big credit limit though.
    Otherwise you'll still need to increase your budget to get quality loud levels from a home system. Some of the high end sony systems I have heard are good. But they're not cheap.

• Advertisement

Soundman wrote: »
    So you'll be wanting a €100,000 PA system and a €60,000 soundproofed room?

that sounds about right.lol

ok lets rephrase my OP. what is the most powerful sound system i can get for €150?

You aren't going to get much for your budget.

Basically what you are looking for going on your description is a power amp and speakers. Something along the lines of:

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=2&sub=16&productid=3

Had a quick look for speakers but can't find any affordable ones.

You might be better going for an all in one hi-fi with a couple of inputs. You could get more power for cheaper that way.

Advertisement