Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinet Rebuild Advice

Options
  • 05-01-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭

Hello,

With a bit of free time on my hands I am going rebuilding an old cabinet I got for MAME, my main question is would an area of 21inches long be to small for a two player setup? The cabinet was originally a one player cab. Would mostly be myself using it but would be nice for the option..

I think one would need a bit more space?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭ondafly

that does sound a bit on the small size - my one is 630mm wide i.e. 24inches.

You could create a control panel that is wider than the cabinet though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yea, I was looking at that allright, maybe three inches either side. Wouldnt take a lot to do it. I have the physical cabinet so in fairness I have very little to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭ondafly

off to BandQ or somewhere, and get them to cut a piece of 3/4" thick MDF for you in the dimensions you need i.e. 630mm x 300mm. Then all you would need is a drill bit and chisel to cut out the pieces for the sticks/buttons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I work for a steel fabrication company and fortunately we also sell timber. I saw a few nice bits of mdf for some reason against a wall down the back. Time to get the holesaw and saw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Hi lads.just finished convertin my own cab and was it worth it?Yes it was its class.mine is 2 player setup 6 button.bout 28 ins wide but comfortable wit 2 players.now to sell that neo geo i just bought as emulation is identical.

• Advertisement
Advertisement