Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good landscape photo lcations in Clare/Galway/Limerick region

Options
  • 05-01-2009 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Just looking for ideas on locations from above!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

maddog
    Why don't you go all out & have a sleepover on one of the Aran islands
    There's a Tedfest on Inis Mor in February. But tickets are hard to get hold of.
    http://www.dochara.com/events-in-ireland/tedfest-09/

Inis Mór, Aran Islands, Co Galway
    February 26, 2009 to March 1, 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Cheers I_Pearse

There's no shortage of vistas in Galway and Clare.Limerick has very few beautiful landscapes but it makes up for it with other smaller locations,river walks,forest parks etc.

In west Clare you have the rugged coastline from Kilrush all the way up to Galway,which makes for a very scenic drive.Along the way you pass the Cliffs of Moher aswell though this may be a bit crowded and expensive.Just to the east of this you have the Burren,by driving the backroads around there you can find some fantastic spots.Further east again,you have the East Clare Lakelands.Lough Derg is a must see,especially from Tonn Toinne on the Tipp side.

The only part of Galway I'm familiar with is Connemara.Follow the coast road from Galway to Clifden and then onto Louisburgh.This passes through some of the nicest isolated scenery in the country.Kylemore Abbey and Diamond Hill are worth stopping at along the way aswell.

What I'd really reccomend though is heading down into southwest Kerry/Cork and visiting the 3 westerly peninsulas down there(Dingle,Iveragh and Beara),nothing compares to it :)

Advertisement