Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Dublin sell 127?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hey,

Does Gunnes (or anywhere else in Dublin / the country, for that matter) sell 127 film? Latest addition to my little camera family is a Kodak Brownie 127 & I'm dying to try it out - I'll be up in Dublin this weekend & it'd be great if I could pick some up then.

Or is online the only way to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Not that I've seen. You could probably get a roll of 120 in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Kodak stoped producing 127 film in 95..... Efke (i think thats the make) are the only people producing it anymore..... You might get an old kodak or afga films on ebay but for the efke, I'd say you would be very lucky to get it in the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

Yeah I've found a couple of online stores alright (fotoimpex.co.uk for one, though they've no B&W at the minute; bhphotovideo.com have a great selection but shipping is ridiculous for something so small - just in case someone else looking for 127 stumbles across here).

Guess I'll just have to sit on my hands & wait for the postman again so... :)

Thanks anyway!

Have you tried using 120 film?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I remember reading that you can roll one film onto the other spools (in a changing bag) to get around the problem of film not being available.

It was on one of the Box Brownie websites. It may have been 120/620 film though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Have you tried using 120 film?

You're thinking of the brownies that take 620 film (I've got one). The only difference between 620 and 120 is the size of the spool, so typically you can jam a roll of 120 in somehow, particularly if you have the original 620 takeup spool. 127 is completely different though, its halfway between 120 and 35mm in size.

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/127_film

-doh- cabansail beat me to the punch ... -edit-

Aha, cheers Daire!

Wasn't sure what the story is, I've managed to pop a fair few 120 spools into the brownies I've come across, was thinking this might be similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

Yeah I thought I might be able to squeeze in a roll of 120 alright but no dice! Just called Davitt Photo Centre in Salthill (Galway) & they said they don't think they can develop it (it's C41 but they said they only have 120 & 35mm reels), so... Anywhere in Dublin develop 127 film? :pac: I know I can mail it off somewhere but I prefer going into a real shop for that same-day gratification, call me old-fashioned :o

I can do B&W in college but only if I can buy the damn stuff in the first place, colour is all I can find right now! Plus there was an exposed roll in the camera when I got it (C41, old Kodak stock) & I'm intrigued as to what might still be on it... :)

Advertisement