Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please!!

Options
  • 05-01-2009 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

ok this question has probably been asked a million times but i'm v. confused so please bear with me! Right i have a honours degree in English and History and want to do primary teaching, BUT i don't have my honours Irish i am repeating that this year so what i'm really asking is for some help on how i would go about doing the h.dip? Is there a site that explains it all because all i'm getting is the secondary teaching diploma!!! I probably sound so stupid but i'm stressed out and a bit of a technophobe so some help would be great, cheers :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Sir Humphrey

Google Hibernia College and you should easily find their primary teaching post-grad there.

Alternatively, you can look at the teacher training colleges like St. Patrick's Drumcondra, but there is no umbrella web-site as with the secondary teaching that covers a group of colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Hi there.
    Best site for asking questions on this is www.educationposts.com
    There are 100's of people in your position over there more than willing to answer your q's.
    Me included.
    I'm assuming because you're repeating your Irish, you intend on studying the post grad in Ireland.
    If so, there are 4 places you can do this.
    In Dub:- St Pats, Marino, & Froebel.
    In Limerick:- Mary I
    You can also do the course part time, part online with Hibernia college.

You apply to the colleges directly, though you can only apply to either the Dub or Lim centre. (You specify your preference for the Dub colleges)
    You contact them, they send you out the app form.
    The traditional colleges accept apps 2ce a yr. The interviews for the Feb 09 intake were carried out just before Xmas. The applicants are waiting on their results this week.
    Hibernia is separate. They accept applications & interview all year round. They're currently interviewing for Oct '09
    You cannot apply until you have your LC result.

I repeated my LC last june & got my honour. I then applied to Hibernia (only option for me, so I don't have info on the trad colleges for you), I'm paying my final fees for Hibernia today & I start on Valentines day.
    Can't wait!

Any other q's just ask, but like I said, you'll find all the answers & help you need over on the other site. It's fantastic

Best of luck with the Irish

Advertisement